30DS Level 3 questions

Options
I just started level 3 yesterday and I have a few of questions for those who have been through it already.

1. Does the last ab move seem really ineffective or is it just me? I did it yesterday and did not feel anything at all in my abs today. I am not in that great of shape to where the moves seem easy to me at all. Maybe my form is all off?

2. Do I need to be doing this with shoes on? Would it make the jump exercises easier?

3. Has anyone else gotten carpet burn on their elbows from some of the plank exercises??

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• jsflare
    Options
    I would wear shoes, I think it would make it easier. Are you using a mat to do your planks on, that would help too, I am only on level 2 so I dont know about the level 3 Ab exercise.
  • loraloha74
    Options
    I am on level 3 day 6 and its killer!
    To answer your questions:
    1) See if you can perform this exercise in front of a mirror or have a friend check your form. You should be using your core for this one.
    2) You definitely want to wear shoes it will really improve you overall performance.
    3)I haven't gotten carpet burn but have found my self slipping a few times. Lol

Stick with it! You are doing awesome! We have come so far!
    Way to shred it!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ok shoes it is from now on. I think I may need to invest in a mat then. I slip on the carpet too! :) Thanks gals!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yey a fellow "Shredder"

I love Level 3 because it is the last piece of the puzzle. All three levels work something a little different each time and Level 3 focuses ALOT on CORE muscles with planks and superman etc.

In answer to your questions:

1) If the Ab excercise your doing doesnt hurt then it doesnt mean its not working. Although "no pain no gain" is true in some sorts it doesnt nessesarily mean you have to be hurting each time. For me the excercises have gotten easier but I have to learn to adjust the retraint level. Maybe add a weight while doing the situps or ankle weights with the scissors kicks.

2) I highly recommend wearing shoes. I have done it without also but when doing plometrics the impact on your calves and joints need some cushioning.

3) I dont have carpet but when I do the Up & down planks I cushion my elbows with a blanket. Maybe try laying a yoga mat down and do your planks on that.

Hope that helps and congrats on Level 3!!!

You are awesome! Keep up the great work and.....happy Shredding!!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yes you should wear shoes. You should also use a yoga mat to help with those moves that may cause rug burn and the last ab exercizeworks great if you do it right.