30 Day Shred - Yes, ANOTHER post about this workout!

Options
Well, I just ordered 30 Day Shred. It will be here Friday. I am tired of not working out on Tuesday and Thursday just because I don't want to go to the gym at 10pm (what time I get home on those days). So... Right now I am going to the gym on Mon/Wed/Sat/Sun - without fail. Fridays are hit and miss. When I go to the gym I have been doing 45-60 minutes of cardio 95% of the time. I JUST started reducing cardio to 30-45 minutes then doing 20-30 minutes of strength training (this is my first week doing this).

Here's the question (yes there is one!)... Should I:

(a) Continue doing what I am doing at the gym (Mon/Wed/Sat/Sun) and then add in 30DS on Tues/Thurs and just leave Fri as rest day?
(b) Should I do the above, but also do Friday as a 30DS day as well (working out 7 days a week)
(c) Should I JUST do the 30DS for 6-7 days a week (and forego the cardio/strength at the gym for the next 30 days)
(d) Should I do some combination of the above?

Now, I know you are going to say that I need to listen to my body and take a rest day if I need it, etc. I understand that. I am just trying to figure out how I should best utilize this DVD. I am sort of addicted to the calorie burn of a 60 minute cardio workout (I usually burn about 700 calories) and I know I am not going to burn that many here... but I also know I don't typically eat 700 calories back so I am probably doing more harm than good in terms of my daily calorie intake on workout days. So maybe the lower calorie burn will provide better results.

Thoughts? Guidance from your own experience from 30DS? What worked for you?

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    The 30-Day Shred is great and definitely helps with endurance. I think it's very important to have a rest day incorporated into your week. So I would stick with your normal gym schedule, add 30DS on Tuesday and Thursdays, and then have Fridays for rest.

While the 30DS doesn't burn as many calories, you're still getting a great workout in a short amount of time and it's a combo of cardio, abs, and strength training, so the time is spent well and is well-rounded.
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree - the first option is what i'd do (did when I was using 30DS).

You get some pretty good strength moves with 30DS but i couldn't bear to do the same workout with the same trainer day in day out, even if it is both short and good. Giving yourself some variety and an all important rest day sound good to me. If you really like 30DS you can always lose some other workouts and do more of it but I do believe variety is key - muscle confusion and all that jazz!

Hope you like it

Ali :)
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!! I think that is what I will do - Tues/Thurs on 30DS for sure. I may add either the Mon or Wed in sometimes as well because sometimes on those days I am more crunched for time. Wish me luck!!
  • gydwhoa
    gydwhoa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How many calories are burned doing the level 1, of the 30-day shred. Just wondering if anyone knows.
  • gydwhoa
    gydwhoa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love 30-day shred but I don't think it is as effective as a workout of 40 minutes. I am not an expert, but 20 minutes does not seem to be enough I've been doing it a few times a week mixed with gym and jogging for longer periods.