INSANITY: 1 month down, 1 to go! *Pics*

Options
I started Insanity the beginning of January this year. I've been doing Tae Bo for 8 years which has assisted in an initial 97 lb loss in 2004, then a 77 lb loss after the birth of my son in 2008, and a 54 lb loss after the birth of my daughter in 2008. I was "OK" with how I looked, but not thrilled. Decided to up my cardio and get some more strength and definition in my body. I'm 33, 5'8" and currently weigh 145 lbs. My goal is 140 lbs but I'm becoming more interested and invested in measurements and BF % than what the scale says. Here's the difference from the start (maybe 2 days into the work out) to yesterday. I do INSANITY 6 days per week... sometimes I'll throw in a Tae Bo Bootcamp if I'm just too sore to face Shaun T, but I'm basically sticking with the program.
I've only lost 4 lbs but the scale isn't important!!!

2012-02-08150742-1-1.jpg

Keep on rockin' everyone - even if you don't see the results you *think* you should see, just keep doing it - you'll get results sooner or later!!

Replies

• bjmmcw98
    Options
    WoW! Great work!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!!! I honestly am afraid of Shawn T myself. I have it at home. i was actually about 3 weeks in and stopped. BLAH!!! One day I'll get back on that Insane horse and ride off into the sunset with my "I earned it" t-shirt.
    Keep killing it, killer!
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love Tae Bo! Not sure about Insanity (yet)!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Great job! Gotta love that ab definition!
  • ceecee368
    ceecee368 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference in just a month! Keep up the great work!
  • tricia3368
    Options
    you look so toned! way to go :)
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nice keep it up
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I see those abs too!
  • cansmith80
    Options
    Wow! I on week 1 day 4, and I am in love with the program. Your abs look phenomenal!!! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to :smile:
  • Chevitz
    Options
    Thanks peeps! I can't believe I have any sort of abs after 2 kids... and I noticed in my original post I said I had my daughter in 2008 as well as my son... WOW, that would have been INSANE! She was born July 2010!! LOL

I swear it's all the plank positions and ab moves that have done it... I'm sure the high knees & mountain climbers don't hurt either :wink:

I must say, it's really motivating and I'm SO happy I took pics... I can't WAIT to see what I will look like come May and June!! WHO CARES what the scale says!!! I want muscles, tone, & definition ALL THE WAY!

I posted this because I know lots of people are curious about INSANITY and that some don't see any difference on the scale that first month (or a small amount, like me) but it's because you are building MAJOR muscle... you don't sweat, work, & scream like that for nothing!

If you're comfortable with Tae Bo, Insanity is a jump in some ways, but there are many similar moves that make you feel more confident. Can't wait to see what next month brings - and my TEE SHIRT!
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    Insanity is no joke! Good for you!!
  • Chevitz
    Options
    *bump*

Just saw someone asking about Insanity results... :smile:
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    you got AWESOME results so far and look great!! congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!