Sedentary? Help?

Options
I hope someone can help. I work 3 days as a nurse where I am walking all day (12hrs). On my 4 days off I am relatively sedentary except for maybe 5 hours throughout the day (some days more than others). Should I set my profile to sedentary or lightly active? Lightly active has nurses as an example but that's only 3 days. Can someone help?

Replies

• myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I would set it as lightly active...nursing is a hard job! Then you can use that as motivation on your days off to be more active :)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I hope someone can help. I work 3 days as a nurse where I am walking all day (12hrs). On my 4 days off I am relatively sedentary except for maybe 5 hours throughout the day (some days more than others). Should I set my profile to sedentary or lightly active? Lightly active has nurses as an example but that's only 3 days. Can someone help?

I would go with sedentary so your calorie allowance won't be overestimated. Maybe you can log some of your work as exercise on the 3 working days (especially if you feel you burned enough calories to need more food)?
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sedentary lifestyle is a medical term used to denote a type of lifestyle with no or irregular physical activity. A person who lives a sedentary lifestyle may colloquially be known as a couch potato. Sedentary activities include sitting, reading, watching television, playing video games, and computer use for much of the day with little or no exercise.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

set it to sedentary.
    stick with it.
    if after a month you need to eat more to walk around all day, then eat a little more on the days you work. the real answer is to listen to your body, not follow a number thats estimated online.
  • anta1
    anta1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys you're all great!