Valentine's Day dessert ideas

Options
cjs3001
cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
As a bit of a tradition, instead of going out for Valentine's I'm going to cook a 3-course meal at home but am struggling for dessert ideas! This is my first MFP Valentine's so I'm thinking soup for starter, steak and prawns with a salad for mains but not sure what to do for afters.

Anyone got any great, reasonably low fat, dessert recipes? Preferably something for two because if I have to bake anything big I will not share and just scoff the whole thing over the next few days!

:smile:

Replies

• sarahmarieb36
    sarahmarieb36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i saw a new take on "chocolate covered strawberries"

what you do is take greek yogurt (or any plain/vanilla flavored yogurt) and cover the strawberries, then freeze them until the yogurt is firm.

sounds interesting to me. i might try it :)
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yeppo!
    Meringue nests (about 50 cals each), low fat creme fraiche (instead of cream) dolloped on and a handful of fresh berries, blueberries & strawbs go well! Either place it nicely, or smash it all up together for a sort of Eton Mess type thing!
    x
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/

this is my favorite site for healthy recipes

im also cooking a 3 course meal for valentines day and using this site for ideas. I cook something new that i found on here every week :) goodluck!
  • TLW54
    TLW54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Make a Fruit pie by using strawberries,blueberries ,raspberries -
    -Line the pie pan first w strawberries ,next layer blueberries and the some raspberries.
    For dessert topping use coolwhip.
    Delicious and not fattening
    Enjoy
    TLW54
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I just made the Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries (use the search function for the recipe) last weekend. They were to DIE FOR! SOOOOO good! I made mine with regular cream cheese (I don't like the plasticness oof fat free or all the extra sodium) The recipe made 22. Came out to 52 calories a piece (I had 5 LOL). They were incredible. I secretly thing they'd be fabulous then dipped in chocolate, but they really don't need to be, I just like chocolate LOL
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    skinnytastes.com
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com

best ever healthy foods websites
  • hsmithway
    Options
    Yeppo!
    Meringue nests (about 50 cals each), low fat creme fraiche (instead of cream) dolloped on and a handful of fresh berries, blueberries & strawbs go well! Either place it nicely, or smash it all up together for a sort of Eton Mess type thing!
    x

This was my thought as well. Meringue and berries always feels so decadent that it doesn't seem like you're missing anything. Raspberries are my favorite, and I sometimes like to omit the whipped topping and add a little drizzle of melted dark chocolate on top of them.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    ^^^ that sounds good! If i cant have chocolate dessert then raspberries are my second choice.

I made a nice dessert a few weeks ago, really simple but delicious, i used raspberries with white choc pudding :smile:

put berries in a wine / champagne glass 3/4 way up
    cover with sugar free Jelly / Jello and leave to set.
    top with greek yogurt / cool whip / pudding
    stick a few berries on top for decoration, and chocolate shavings if you like.