Power 90 is really boring...

Options
It is, really, really boring. Only two different workouts, which you alternate. I'm approaching the end of my second week and already i'm bored, how am I going to last another 10 weeks?

I'm seriously considering switching to a more varied programme, maybe Chalean Extreme as I LOVE weights - but a little part of me will feel like I have failed for not getting through the 90 days of boredom.

Any ideas to make it more interesting? Should I just push through it? Is it a failure to switch?

Replies

• Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Add other workouts to it. I seem to only be able to stick to something for 3 weeks. Soooo, to keep me going I just add other workouts in. Keeping a 3 day strength training and 3 cardio days a week type schedule. Some times I"ll alternate. Like a p90x week and the next a mix and match type week. Back to p90x for a week. Or p90x strength training with other cardio dvds on the cardio days.

As long as you keep working out, you will get to your goal.
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love chalean extreme!! You will not find it boring since there is more then 2 workouts! And she is so movating!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I'll look into it. Yeah, the other option is continue with P90 but use different cardio sometimes. Hmmm.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    I'm going to try and keep going with Power 90 for a bit longer but, if I can find ChaLean Extreme somewhere for not too much money i might switch to it before the 90 days is up. The only way I'll be a failure for not completing P90 is if I stop exercising altogether. :-)
  • vmwmvb
    vmwmvb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I get bored really easily as well so I work with a reward system...or did before I started the P90X program which has kept me entertained for now.

Anyways, I would say...ok if I do my work out all week I can go out dancing friday night after my shift (I am a bar tender who usually gets off by 11 since we are on a military base.) Normally I would just fall into bed because I would have to be back up the next day. Just dont use food as a reward
  • Smuterella
    Options
    P90X is much more interesting than Power 90 but i'm just not fit enough yet - I can't do a single real push up.

Power 90 is really slow so far, and with only two workouts (give or take a couple of tiny variations) for the entire 90 days I'm really not sure I'll have the tenacity to last 90 days.
  • Jamesjoemarsh
    Jamesjoemarsh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    P90x can be done without a high level of fitness. Modifying the moves to fit your fitness level will spark your creative side and keep you from getting bored. You will advance naturally throughout the program, and be so proud of yourself for each milestone. I have completed P90x at least twice, and started it countless times. I am currently in the middle of a 90 day round. You can do anything if you adapt the workout.
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Oh, but there is a "fit test" you are supposed to take before doing P90X and I know I'd fail a couple of sections. Does that not matter than?

To be honest I'm not sure about P90X, some of the workouts are really long, 90 minutes of yoga!!!

Hmmm. maybe I'll look into it a bit more.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Regarding p90x...
    I use bands instead of doing pull ups and for a long while I could not do full push ups. Now I can do a couple before I finish the rest on my knees.
    As for yoga X...if you have the time try to do the full dvd. If not, find another yoga dvd to do or just do as much as time allows on yoga x. Sometimes you can do the first 30 minutes of yoga x, skip the next 15 and then finish the rest. Do the first 45 and skip to the last 15.. But switch up where you skip so that you still will be hitting the different sections every so often.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem as you. I stuck with it for 70 days though! Still don't know how I did it. One thing though, my strength definitely improved with it. Couldn't even do 1 regular push up at the start, and struggled with the ones on my knees. By the end of the 70 days I was doing 5 regular ones. Which was a HUGE accomplishment for me.

But I believe in mixing and matching so maybe you could try to do a hybrid of Power 90 and some other program(s). I do a hybrid of P90X and Insanity (with a little Brazilian Butt Lift thrown in) and it absolutely keeps me from getting bored.