WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

Options
So i did great with exercise and eating under my cal's Monday and Tuesday.. Wednesday comes.... I am running around, stop at a pizza place with a friend - and eat like a total cow... Why do I keep doing this to myself? and I wonder why I cant loose any weight!!! ~ UUUGGGHHHHHH....

Replies

• 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    I'm sorry, just do the best you can ((hugs)) Try joining one of the groups on here, maybe the extra support will help!
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing in the world for me to learn is to STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP. If I was half as good at losing weight as I was at making myself feel badly about myself I'd be at my goal!!!

Just hang in there, grab some water and make the next food choice you make a good one. Or head out for a walk if possible. You'll be fine!!
  • melissaw04
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    This is why I like to follow a specific plan (I follow South Beach), it helps when I can tell myself, "no it's not on my plan." In the past when I've tried just low cal I always sabotaged my efforts.
  • melissaw04
    Options
    i am usually good when at home, i just always make bad choices when i have to eat out... I should just choose sub way always, LOL
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    it happens to everyone. just push yourself harder with your workout and eat a smaller dinner. you need to treat yourself once a week. you can work around it. dont beat yourself up.
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I know I am eating out, I try to look at the database beforehand to choose something tasty and nutritious and lower calorie BEFORE I go to the restaurant. That way I am informed on calorie content. Plus I try to eat only half of what is on my plate and bring the rest home...sometimes I even put half in the to go container before I even start eating. I have only started, but it seems to be helping.
  • malliexo
    malliexo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pizza isn't all that bad. It's all about portion control. Have one slice and make sure you dab the grease off the top. It doesn't eliminate all of the calories but it helps. Eat filling foods with the pizza that are healthy so you don't want more. I eat pizza all the time and I don't feel like I wreck my diet. It's all about how much you eat!

Another trick is to eat a bite of pizza then eat other health foods then go back to your single slice. Keep doing this until you're completely finished with your meal. You'll feel more satisfied with your cheat.

It's not about dieting, it's about adjusting your life to healthy habits and enjoying the food you eat.
  • lukin128
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, if you find yourself around tempting foods you know you shouldn't be eating then just force yourself to have a little of it and not binge on loads. One slice of pizza and a couple of glasses of water would fill you up. Resisting is hard, really hard. Just keep trying!
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just have a rule that I "write it before I bite it" and if it goes over my calories, then it is not going in my mouth!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Pizza isn't all that bad. It's all about portion control. Have one slice and make sure you dab the grease off the top. It doesn't eliminate all of the calories but it helps. Eat filling foods with the pizza that are healthy so you don't want more. I eat pizza all the time and I don't feel like I wreck my diet. It's all about how much you eat!

Another trick is to eat a bite of pizza then eat other health foods then go back to your single slice. Keep doing this until you're completely finished with your meal. You'll feel more satisfied with your cheat.

It's not about dieting, it's about adjusting your life to healthy habits and enjoying the food you eat.

I can never stop at one slice. I love pizza but I work it into my overall weekly calorie goal. I dont look at just one day at a time...I go by the weekly total
  • malliexo
    malliexo Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I can never stop at one slice. I love pizza but I work it into my overall weekly calorie goal. I dont look at just one day at a time...I go by the weekly total

I can usually stay under my calories if I want to eat pizza. An average slice is only 250 calories. So just have a slice and veggies on the side. It's actually good practice to just have one slice. I used to be the same way, I needed to practice to learn to be satisfied with one slice.
  • magram
    magram Posts: 12
    Options
    I ate out today also. Ordered the Grilled chicken instead of the grilled hamburger. Of course it came with onion rings which I think may be better than french fries. I do put everything on my food chart even when it is BAD. It helps (sometimes) to decide what you will order BEFORE going into the restaurant.
  • melissaw04
    Options
    that is a great idea