Need help firming up

Options
LiMer
LiMer Posts: 112 Member
What's a good way to firm up the underarms and inner thighs? I've been jogging/fast walking (fast walk 1 block, jog 4 blocks). I also ride a stationary bike and jog on the treadmill for the leg exercise. For my arms, I've been using free weights.

My inner thights and underarm are gross... lots of lose skin. HELP!!!

Replies

• msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Tricep dips are great for the arms and pushups work the whole arm, chest and abs. Lunges and sumo squats for the inner thighs.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Pilates is the one and only thing that has worked for me . . . I've been doing it 3X a week for about a month now and I'm amazed by the difference in my things and arms. You can get videos that target specific areas, or do a comprehensive workout. I attend a class once or twice a week and then just incorporate her moves into my workout . . . it's been a drastic change for me!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    If you have a gym membership, the best exercises for inner thighs is the adductor machine. Start with legs apart and bring knees together! TRUST me... it works... If you don't have that access, you can do what I call hello dolly's (learned this in the Marines). Lie on the floor with your hands under your bum. Bring your chin to chest and raise your feet 6 inches off the floor while opening and closing legs. Hoped this helps...
    As for your arms... definately dips and push ups!!!
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    I hear pilates is good as well but I haven't tried it. Is there a dvd someone can recommend
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    strength training helps and i swear by it....the firm works wonders...its an at home dvd and weight set u can get at the store for 39.99
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I hear pilates is good as well but I haven't tried it. Is there a dvd someone can recommend

The Windsor Pilates DVDs are great. Also, there are several good Pilates workouts On Demand, if you have digital cable.
  • LiMer
    LiMer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information. I will have to try out them out and let everyone know.