Light dawns - need to look further out!

Options
I gained 60+ lbs during years of severe stress and grief, and accepted it was just who I now was. Last month something hit me and I decided it was time to get back to where I was. MFP has been a Godsend and is really motivating me.

But I found that in my obsessive way I was getting frustrated looking at how I had done each day/week. Then it came to me - I need to focus on a longer-term goal! I need to focus on August and where I will be, and accept that to get to my goal of 30-40 pounds will take time, and small losses, but it will happen. This week is just a step towards that goal, and I can't get frustrated that I'm in the 240s - in time it'll be 230s... 220s, someday even back at 190. But it's a process, it will take time, and since it took me years to get here, it'll take me time to get there.

I know this is obvious to most people, but it wasn't to me. Guess I was so excited about doing it that I lost sight of the fact that many small gains is what's going to lead to one big one.

BTW, I've told lots of people about this site/service. I carefully record everything I eat and drink, and just being conscious is really making a difference. I am so determined to do this, and am looking forward to being more comfortable with what I look like for the first time in so many years.

Edited to add graphic!

13811239.png

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are 100% correct. Don't let little set backs or slow losses get to you. It will come with work and in time! I love what you wrote. Very inspirational!
  • thorgan77
    Options
    BTW, posted this in this topic because I find seeing these pictures and success stories so motivational. Thank you to those who share these - they really show us newbies the power of sticking with it!

13811239.png
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree, the success stories are such an inspiration, I've had a couple bad days and seeing our fellow MFP's glowing with good health and weight loss success is a huge bolster. Thank you everyone for sharing your stories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!