SUGGESTIONS for Shoulder & Arm workouts! PLEASE!

Options
So I do pretty good on my own at the gym and I've gone through P90X and Insanity several times. But I need some suggestions for working out my shoulders and arms to make them defined and slim looking as soon as possible!

I will be in a wedding this fall and all the other maids are TINYYY!!!!!! Ugh! I am currently a size 4 and weigh 137 and 5'2"....not TINY! I really need to get my arms to slim down!

Any great gym workouts that you can suggest that will do the trick!?! What types of exercises are you doing at the gym for slender arms and defined shoulders?

Please HELP! Thanks! :)

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Dieting does that.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Definition comes with a reduction in your overall body fat percentage.

Oh - and size 4 is considered small anywhere in the universe.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Ya, what they said.

And are you lifting heavy? If not, do so. That way you can snap those tiny bridesmaids in half while you're rockin that bridesmaid's dress.

New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wait, you're 5'2" 137lbs and a size 4....but when I was 120lbs with ribs that stuck out and looked like an extra set of boobs I was a size 7. (I'm 5'4"). That's very interesting. You are blessed.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Size 4 is pretty tiny.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Dieting does that.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Lift and lift heavy...shoulder press, front and side arm raises, upright rows, bicep curls, tricep exensions, row, pull ups, lat pull down...just to name a few exercises...

You have plenty of time to get defined...keep exercising/cardio to burn fat and don't forget to workout your lower body, too...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Press ups. Full ones, not girly ones.
  • sweetpeaga7
    Options
    Thanks for these! I am doing most of these already so I guess I am doing the right things. I will add the pull ups and lat pull downs. Just wasn't sure if there is a particular order that is better and if there is a frequency that is better. Thank you so much for these tips! I will definitely not forget the lower body....I'm what I like to call very "hippy" and I hate it. Working to slim down those hips and thighs too for SURE!
  • sweetpeaga7
    Options
    Press ups....like with the bar that the big guys use? LOL! I may be able to do that...well the bar without weights! How lame am I?!
  • sweetpeaga7
    Options
    Not sure how the weight that I am currently works out with the size 4 jeans that I am fitting into at Old Navy or the dress pants that I wear for work from Khols either girl! It's crazy because I look at other people that are smaller than me but say their size is larger than a 4. So weird! Guess body shapes and height play into it.
  • upwiththesun
    Options
    Jackie Warner has a new DVD " 30 day fast start" Great, great upper body pyramid workouts!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Not lame at all. I started with 5 lb weights and now I'm up to 10 lbs. By doing it every week, I see results and gain more confidence. :happy:
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for barn help. :wink: I lift lots of heavy stuff every day.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Definition comes with a reduction in your overall body fat percentage.

Oh - and size 4 is considered small anywhere in the universe.

Thank you twice for this.

1) first statement is truth

2) I am 5'2", size 4, and 132 lbs. I get called 'tiny' on the regular.... I don't think I am, but I hear it. Granted, I do want to lose another 10-15, but I am trying real hard not to feel insulted, lol
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Press ups....like with the bar that the big guys use? LOL! I may be able to do that...well the bar without weights! How lame am I?!

"Press-ups" is foreign (British? My mom was a brit, and I know that's how they say it over there ;) ) for pushups. Not on knees, on toes!

Work the big surrounding muscles and the supporting ones (bis/tris/shoulders) will follow suit.

NROLFW.