scale frustrations!!!

Options
So according to MFP, if i continue to work out like i have been, and eating as i have been, it will take me 5 weeks to lose 15 lbs.... meaning in about 2 1/2 months i should be at my goal weight loss (30lbs). i am literally killing myself! i am doing high intensity cardio daily, and weights about 3 days a week... I am the type of person that doesnt just want to see some results, if im going to eat healthy small meals, and get to the gym, im going to do it at the best of my ability, and work as hard as possible for it.... after this entire week of busting my butt, my scale says im up a pound.... i dont get it. does my scale need new batteries? am i retaining water (even though im drinking way above the suggested amount and peeing like im pregnant every 30 minutes again!) ??? I feel like im doing all this work and its not paying off... ive been at this for 2 weeks and ive lost 1 lbs... arent you suppose to lose the most in the beginning? i get that everyone is different, but watching lbs fall off of others on here is really making me feel like im doing something wrong... im going to post my food from yesterday, as well as what i did for a workout, which has been pretty much what i do all throughout the week, and if anyone sees and issue or something i could change please let me know! i am on my period (sorry guys) so im thinking maybe that has something to do with it? but i dont feel bloated. grrr. stupid fat!

FOOD: Breakfast- 3 egg whites, 2 tbsp salsa, 1/2 cup avocado
Snack- 10 baby carrots, string cheese (60cals)
Lunch- 4oz Salmon, grilled zucchini, cucumber, eggplant, bell pepper
Snack- 10 pretzel sticks, whey protein powder shake (1g sugar, 130 cals)
Dinner- 6 oz grilled, boneless, skinless, chicken breast, 2 cups broccoli

I did 60 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes high incline treadmill, and biceps/triceps/shoulders weights...

please help me figure out what im doing wrong!

Replies

• You could see a gain because you are building some muscles and you need a rest each week so your body and recoop. When I'm working out hard, I normally see a gain then I lose like 2 pounds on my rest day.
  • debidietel069
    debidietel069 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I was doing WW before I joined MFP and wasn't seeing progress so I am sticking to the 1200 calories daily here and not adding my exercise in and still scale isn't moving. I am going to stick to it but it sure makes it hard not to stay on track.
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    i dont feel like im doing enough weights to be gaining.... i mean i literally went from sitting on the couch, and eating whenever i was bored, to a very strict regimen.... maybe im crazy lol. my fiance tells me its going to take some time, but one day im going to realize that its just falling off! he thinks im doing everything right, and he use to be really big into fitness before jumping into daddy mode lol.... we can keep eachother motivated! if we know we are eating healthy and getting to the gym changes have to start coming!!! i just prefer sooner than later!
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    OK. Several thoughts.....

You didn't add 1lb of muscle this week. A woman has significantly less testosterone than a man and for a man to be adding a lb of muscle in a week he'd need a high dose of androgenic compounds. Additionally you've need to be eating over your BMR to add muscle. So it's not that.

You are in caloric deficit so you aren't gaining fat either. That means the difference is water. The causes are your period, or your carbohydrate intake (relative to the intake in the days prior to your previous week weigh in). Water has a massive effect.

I'm sorry, but you aren't going to lose 3lbs a week every week. You'd need to be 1,500 below maintenance calories every day. If you don't end up in hospital you're certainly going to end up ditching the diet because it's just too hard.

It's more realistic to target 1lb a week. The best diet in the world is the one you can stick with to the finish.

I know it's frustrating to have it take so long, but it takes years to gain that 30 lbs, you can't shift it in 5 weeks.

Happy to talk further, open you food diary up or add me as a friend if you want to bounce any thoughts off me
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options

You didn't add 1lb of muscle this week. A woman has significantly less testosterone than a man and for a man to be adding a lb of muscle in a week he'd need a high dose of androgenic compounds. Additionally you've need to be eating over your BMR to add muscle. So it's not that.

You are in caloric deficit so you aren't gaining fat either. That means the difference is water. The causes are your period, or your carbohydrate intake (relative to the intake in the days prior to your previous week weigh in). Water has a massive effect.

I'm sorry, but you aren't going to lose 3lbs a week every week. You'd need to be 1,500 below maintenance calories every day. If you don't end up in hospital you're certainly going to end up ditching the diet because it's just too hard.

It's more realistic to target 1lb a week. The best diet in the world is the one you can stick with to the finish.

I know it's frustrating to have it take so long, but it takes years to gain that 30 lbs, you can't shift it in 5 weeks.

Happy to talk further, open you food diary up or add me as a friend if you want to bounce any thoughts off me

lol half of what you said i didnt understand haha, can you tell im an amateur??? i didnt expect to lose 3 lbs a week, but like i said, thats just what MFP said when i finished my diary for yesterday.... im not sure if thats because i ran off 720 calories, but didnt eat them all back.... i tried, believe me, but i didnt want to eat crap, and i didnt want to over eat, so i just ate lol. id love some more advice from you... i feel like im busting my *kitten* and getting no where, granted i get its only been two weeks, but not to see much improvement at all, when some people have lost 5-10 lbs since ive joined is really discouraging!!! hoping after this weekend, no more period, less water retaining!!!!
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options

lol half of what you said i didnt understand haha, can you tell im an amateur??? i didnt expect to lose 3 lbs a week, but like i said, thats just what MFP said when i finished my diary for yesterday.... im not sure if thats because i ran off 720 calories, but didnt eat them all back.... i tried, believe me, but i didnt want to eat crap, and i didnt want to over eat, so i just ate lol. id love some more advice from you... i feel like im busting my *kitten* and getting no where, granted i get its only been two weeks, but not to see much improvement at all, when some people have lost 5-10 lbs since ive joined is really discouraging!!! hoping after this weekend, no more period, less water retaining!!!!

:smile:

Like everything, you learn thru experience. I'm a terrible yo-yo dieter. I get into shape every year or so, get bored go back to old ways and slowly gain it back.
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options

annddd... it didnt take me years to put on the weight, lol before my last pregnancy i was what my goal is now... for some reason i havent been able to get hardly any of that weight i put on during pregnancy off, i heard with the second child the weight loss is a lot harder, but i didnt believe it until i lived it! lol