Need advice

Options
Does anyone know of a protein shake or something along the lines of it that I can substitute as a meal other than slimfast? I live in Germany and I'd like to be able to order it online. I don't know of any health stores over here and the language barrier is not helping.

Replies

• misslynnswan
    Options
    Protein shakes are super easy to make, they are cheaper to make homemade and there are tons of recipes online. Do you have a blender? Or can you get one? A lot of protein shakes just use yogurt, milk, protein powder, any nut butter and a variety of other ingredients or optional. It might take some work to find the protein powder but its definitely there. Don't be shy just get out there! You're in Germany just enjoy........ and work on those language skills.
  • mrsbarraza23
    Options
    Protein shakes are super easy to make, they are cheaper to make homemade and there are tons of recipes online. Do you have a blender? Or can you get one? A lot of protein shakes just use yogurt, milk, protein powder, any nut butter and a variety of other ingredients or optional. It might take some work to find the protein powder but its definitely there. Don't be shy just get out there! You're in Germany just enjoy........ and work on those language skills.
    Thanks I'm going to look into getting some recipes online. I didn't even think about that. I'm taking German classes to try to at least be able to communicate since I'll be here for another 2 and a half years. Thank you!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

thats a real protein shake.

diet shakes like slimfast are actually just a bunch of oils blended together, and protein (usually soy).

If you're after real protein for your diet macros, I am sure theres protein powder there locally.
    If you're after a "meal replacement" processed food.... you're better off trying an alternate diet.
  • mrsbarraza23
    Options

thats a real protein shake.

diet shakes like slimfast are actually just a bunch of oils blended together, and protein (usually soy).

If you're after real protein for your diet macros, I am sure theres protein powder there locally.
    If you're after a "meal replacement" processed food.... you're better off trying an alternate diet.

I'm really not sure what is best for me. I am on low cal diet more like a lifestyle change. Where i eat lean meats veggies and fruit. I want something that is easy and I can take on the go when I'm not able to eat a meal. As well as something I can drink pre or post workout.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's available to you but bodybuilding.com has a ton of stuff to choose from. I like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Powder (they have a ton of choices and all they ones I've tried were good).
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out some MFP members in Germany that can help you navigate the health stores options in your area:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/search?country_id=91