looking for an underwire swimsuit for bigger breasts!

Options
rugbyphreak
rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
i have recently started to search for swimsuits... depressing... i can't seem to find anything with an underwire that doesn't look like it's made for a 50 year old woman. I did find a few that looked somewhat cute, but then i looked at the price, $125 for just the top! that's outrageous!

does anyone know where i can find a decent looking, supportive swimsuit?!

my style is pin-up-ish, but at this point, i'll take anything that doesn't look like my mom would wear it. i don't care if it's a bikini or a one piece. i just want something that i won't pop or slide out of. my budget is low... so i'd like to find one under $40 that's going to last me awhile.

i'm a 36 DDD so I DO NOT NEED OR WANT A PUSH-UP!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Replies

• lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Ok DDD can be hard to find. most places that I know that are some what cheaper only go up to DD. check Macy's, again not sure that you will find one for ddd but most of there tops that are bikini tie in the back so you may be able to make one of those work or you could try using a dd one and see if it fits
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    sometimes i think it would be cheaper in the long run to just get a breast reduction...

thanks though, i'll check them out.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I actually found a really cute one at wal-mart...
    305008_918.jpg

but it was a while back, it doesn't have an underwire but it supports the girls and hides the tummy! It's my fave.. I wish it still fit me. :frown:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    This is a good site. They range around $80+ though.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/swimwear#?price=13,132&sort=newest&page=1

Good luck!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    BOOBS_HEAVY.jpg
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My bra size is 46DDD and clothing size 20W and I do not use an underwire suit. I actually bought my suit at Target last year and love it. It is a seperates suit botton is boy shorts and top is tank style with square neck that blouses at the bottom.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Landsend. They even carry DDD. If you go to the clearance section, you can sometimes find them really cheap. They have a feature called "On the Counter" where they put clearance items on Saturday and discount them even more on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're patient, you can get a suit for around $20. If you need something sooner, you could pay up to a hundred. But, you should be able to find something in the $50 range at any time.

Good luck!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Try Shoshanna. She caters to women with larger breasts.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    2R0
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    ARgh i cant get this to work
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    thanks! i'll check them all out. i want to get something soon before they raise all the prices for summer. plus stuff takes awhile to ship.
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    and to both of the men that left comments, i am happily taken, so no you may not "hold them for me" or motorboat them, but you can dream!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    BOOBS_HEAVY.jpg

lol
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My bra size is 46DDD and clothing size 20W and I do not use an underwire suit. I actually bought my suit at Target last year and love it. It is a seperates suit botton is boy shorts and top is tank style with square neck that blouses at the bottom.

I have the same issue, 46DDD (give or take a bit), and I have found excellent suits at Target. In fact, I think I may have the same tank style top and the boy shorts! Plus, you can mix and match the tops and bottoms, which is nice. Now if only I could find a one piece...I have a long torso and big chest, which is a nightmare to shop for.
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    I actually found a really cute one at wal-mart...
    305008_918.jpg

but it was a while back, it doesn't have an underwire but it supports the girls and hides the tummy! It's my fave.. I wish it still fit me. :frown:

I got the one just like this last year but in leopard at walmart. I love it!!! It fits great and I want to say was under $35. It wasn't underwire but I agree it is supportive. Im a size GG.

What I have found disheartening is that it is not easy to find budget friendly bathing suits/bras etc, that are supportive and comfortable as well as flattering and look good for the bigguns. I hope Walmart has these again this year, I would love to get the black one.
  • GeminiMel02
    GeminiMel02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Checkout titlenine.com. They have a bunch of swimsuits/tankinis for women who need some support. :)
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    i will definitely be checking out walmart! and i just looked online at target so i have some ideas.

i totally fell in love with modcloth.com, but theirs no way i can afford any of that. :(
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    2R0

Heehee love this scene...

I buy my underwire bikini tops on zappos, they are Body Glove Solo top $52 and worth it http://www.zappos.com/body-glove-smoothies-solo-top-d-dd-e-cup-lady-bug?zlfid=111&recoName=zap_pdp_sub
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    This is a good site. They range around $80+ though.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/swimwear#?price=13,132&sort=newest&page=1

Good luck!

I am in love with the dresses on this site! Have you ordered anything from them before?
  • fightingautism
    Options
    BOOBS_HEAVY.jpg

LMAO!!!