Addicted to junk food!

Options
I've started MFP and have been doing it for quite a while now, but I just can't manage to loose weight. I swim for a competitive swim club, so I'm not worried about being healthy but I have this stupid tire around my stomach and I really want to get rid of it! I know my problem though, I am just addicted to junk food. I do healthy weeks and then just have binges on junk food and everytime I have that binge I discust myself. I just don't have any alternate! I want something that is healthy but isn't bland. Does anyone have any tips as to how to control my need, or any any alternate foods?

Replies

• gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've started MFP and have been doing it for quite a while now, but I just can't manage to loose weight. I swim for a competitive swim club, so I'm not worried about being healthy but I have this stupid tire around my stomach and I really want to get rid of it! I know my problem though, I am just addicted to junk food. I do healthy weeks and then just have binges on junk food and everytime I have that binge I discust myself. I just don't have any alternate! I want something that is healthy but isn't bland. Does anyone have any tips as to how to control my need, or any any alternate foods?

that's tough ... if not staying under your calorie goal and trying to look good and feel healthy is not motivation enough? what can you do?

Maybe get fruits that are sweet ... dates, mangos, pineapple?

I know smokers put money in a jar everytime they stop themselves from buying smokes.
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a junkie too. I an extremely busy and always on the go. I pack food and take with me. It helps alot. I have a very strong sweet tooth. I always take rice cake, fruit and sugarless gum with me where ever I go. So, when I get the urge to go junkie..i pull out some of my prepared snacks. Plus, I am in the 1200 calorie budget..so, i try to spread my calories through out the day.:wink:
  • dance_fit
    dance_fit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When you say that you do well for weeks and then binge on junk food, do you mean that you go with out junk food for a week or more at a time and then binge?

You may want to incorporate every few days or every other (heck, every day if that will keep you from binging!) a small serving of your favorites. If you deprive yourself too much when you give in you will want to binge. If you allow yourself in small quantities and with in your calorie allowance you will feel much better.

You can also try to find other healthier alternatives to see if it satisfies your salt or sweet craving.