looking for an underwire swimsuit for bigger breasts!

Options
2»

Replies

• coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I was a 38 F and found a great swimsuit on ebay that had a shelf bra that worked great. Would love to find an underwire one though!
  • If you don't mind ordering off the internet, there's www.figleaves.com and www.bellaforma.com that specialize in bigger cup sizes. The prices are fairly reasonable...even with currency conversion.
  • kj2380
    Options
    Miracle suits are amazing bathing suits. I have a large chest and they are the best I have ever purchased. In addition they cut off about 5 pounds. Seriously they are a miracle!!! They are on the pricey side and I always get them in July when they go on sale. Macy's, Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom carries them.
  • fightingautism
    Options
    I like the takinis from landsend.com The ones I buy are not underwire, but they offer some great great support. And I am a 38DDD, saggy at that. They offer a lot of diff types, and you can buy diff size tops from the bottoms. HTH!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret.com or Venus.com <--most all of my suits are from Venus.com LOVE them!

Edited to include: If you want something that's made to last you're going to have to spend $40 for each piece probably. I throw away suits after one wash for less than that...they just don't hold up. Venus has the best by far. Splurge on ONE and see for yourself. You won't go back.
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    Girl, I know. I wear a 38 dd. And it's been about 6 years since I've had a swim suit that looked flattering on my chest. I'd love to find something cute/supportive.
  • DivaDiane
    Options
    Freya makes lovely lingerie and swimwear up to K cup. Not cheap, however, but feeling great in swimwear and lingerie is worth it, IMO. You can scrimp on other things. Google Freya and either find a store or do online shopping.

13641195.png
  • MaliaDTaylor
    Options
    Hi there,

I have two great websites for you!! bravissimo.com and figleaves.com. They both carry really large bra sizes. They are British companies, so check out their sizing charts as some of their products are European and you may need to match up your size with theirs (often sizing is about the same though).

I have bought a few different bathing suits from both sites and they fit me so well!! These sites also sell a variety of pretty bras in bigger sizes which is a breath of fresh air, seriously. All the bras I find in the stores in my size are UGLY!

Have fun shopping...

Malia
  • DivaDiane
    Options
    oops :smile:
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Try Venus Swimwear - they have a website and catalog. All their tops are in bra sizes. I've ordered from them before and been happy with my purchase. Nice thing is there's no hassle in returning. I never know what bottom size I need or what style I may like so I order several, try on & decide on one, then return & usually they credit before it ever hits my credit card!

Lands End has good choices as well - Sears stores have a Lands End section.
  • tamtam36
    Options
    So even though they are expensive, check out Nordstroms and Lane Bryant for suits. I am a 36 H and they have suits that work. Heck they may be expensive but its better than the girls popin' out.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Have you tried amazon? I was looking for suits yesterday and found some cute ones. I know what you mean about supportive suits.. They are either super expensive (like at victorias secrets) or they are old and matronly looking... I think I narrowed myself to a coupld cute ones but unfortunately it looks like I will be paying 100 bucks for it.. Really sucks... I also saw some cute ones starting to trickle in at marshalls... a coupld I tried on had some really good boob support! Good luck ..oh and on amazon they had some retro looking styles...

Someone also mentioned mod cloth .. but that would depend on how small you are :) They have a small plus size section... there is always Torrid and my friend pinned a couple super cute retro suits to her pinterest from this website.... http://www.alwaysforme.com/swimplussiz.html

Good luck!
  • rachel_d_b
    Options
    I found one at a specialty bra shop for a 38 G. It was about $60 for just the top, but well worth it. I bought some matching bottoms at JC Penney's for about $25, and I got very lucky that I found a good match because the bra shop didn't have bottoms to match the top. It's a tankini and is very flattering. I feel so comfortable in it than I ever thought imaginable for a swim suit. If you can stand to wear the same suit a few years in a row, then I think that would be a fine option. I love this one and will only buy a new one once I lose more weight.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Roman's.com