My first NSV?!

Options
Hey everyone out there in MFP land! So, I joined this site last month (January 3rd, 2012) and since then I've lost 12 lbs (as of this morning). I've felt a little better with the weight coming off, but was starting to feel discouraged that it wasn't noticable - only difference was the number looking at me on the sale in the morning.

Anyway, I found a picture from my work Christmas party (December 3rd, 2011) and the other picutre is one that was taken this morning. I think I can see a difference in my face :)

My first NSV?!

Have a great day everyone!!

5voc2v.jpg

Replies

• AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yep! Congratulations! Those little boosts go a long way, don't they!
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    big difference!! great job!
  • LisaVld34
    LisaVld34 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Definitely I can tell!
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    definately - I think those cheek bones are starting to show very nicely! good job!
  • stone307
    Options
    Yes, your face is showing all your hard work. There is a difference. Great work
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well done, you do look different! What does NSV stand for?
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory! :happy:
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Absolute difference in your face and neck! I have a very similar weight loss total right now and my results are just like yours~not overwhelming but in all the right places! Congrats and best of luck on your weight loss journey!! :)
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Thanks!
  • robogirl123
    robogirl123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i just started today and I was looking for some encouragement. I just saw your picture and I can really see the difference in your face - your cheekbones are much more pronounced. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Robin:flowerforyou:
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    First off, you are beautiful! Second off, you can totally see a difference! Congratulations on your 1st NSV... Looking forward to many more!!!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    yes!!! awesome. I am the opposite I FEEL like I am thinner but the scale isn't showing it. I took pics in the mirror yesterday and compared to when I started but didn't really notice much. I'll just keep on truckin'
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    First off, you are beautiful! Second off, you can totally see a difference! Congratulations on your 1st NSV... Looking forward to many more!!!

:embarassed: Aww thanks! I am about 1/3 of the way through Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, so I am hoping that once I finish that at the beginning of March, I will be able to see more of a difference on the rest of my body!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look great! 12 lbs Is A VICTORY.....AND IT SHOWS!!!!
  • BrendaBV
    Options
    You're looking good! But you're beautiful, no matter what weight. Consider yourself successful - - I began about the same day you did, weighed 184. Am handicapped, have not pushed to do what exercise I could do (there's always something possible to move more), but have stuck to calories and nutrition faithfully. I now weigh 180.5. I am 59 yo. Well, the scale isn't so good to me, but it's going in the right direction, and I feel much better inside. Just plugging along until the outside shows a difference! Keep up the good work. Eager to hear how it goes for you.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    For sure! I can see a big difference! Good job!!!!!:wink:
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good results and we can all see! Don't get discouraged as we are all here to help everyone stay motivated to DO THIS THING!
  • fjsutton
    fjsutton Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing! thanks for the Key
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    sorry...nsv?
  • fjsutton
    fjsutton Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For sure! I can see a big difference! Good job!!!!!:wink:

Yes amazing job.. i'm also wowed by your 111lbs. and the pictures in your ticker. This is just so amazing. It just encourages me that i can do it! Thanks
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!