Lemon Water

Options
Has anyone used lemon water for cleansing the body? I heard it works really well and helps the kidneys.

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Sounds like rubbish, honestly. LOL
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by cleanse...if you drink enough water, lemon or not, and watch your nutrients regularly, you should never need to do a "cleanse". (Barring health problems, then you should consult your doctor or a nutritionist.)
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love warm lemon water (from real lemons) first thing in the morning, wakes me up and I feel great all day. I even need less coffee when I have lemon water.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I like a little lemon in my water regardless. I haven't heard anything about "cleansing," but it makes water easier to drink for me!
  • snmhayden
    snmhayden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, and ICE COLD WATER blasts away fat.:laugh:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Have fun with that one!! I do enjoy lemon in my water but only for the taste, and the look.
  • 987Runner
    Options
    Back when I used to cross the Atlantic aboard a frigate, I used to drink lemon water to prevent scurvy. Arrrrr.

Kidding. I've heard that before but I have no idea if it works.
  • hockeyd11
    hockeyd11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've heard lemon water has many health benefits beyond the cleansing thing.
  • renaconnor
    renaconnor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've done it before...I did the Fat Flush diet. And honestly...I don't think it does any good for the body. Dr. Gettleman said its suppose to be diuretic. But I didn't get those benefits from it!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I make green tea add lemon and aloe vera juice and drink it as my water....Does it clear things out?....Yes....I made some for my neighbor and she loves it too....
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I love warm lemon water (from real lemons) first thing in the morning, wakes me up and I feel great all day. I even need less coffee when I have lemon water.

Me too :)
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    lemon is actually a natural dieuretic :) I personally enjoy lemon water
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well lemon is a diuretic, so it will help flush out your excess water weight. Not sure about it actually doing a cleanse though. If you like the flavor, do it. Otherwise, i probably wouldn't bother ;)
  • flyingwrite
    Options
    I drink hot lemon water every morning instead of coffee. Then, I eat breakfast. I've also heard that it sort of starts you out with a clean slate. Don't know about that. But what I do know is that I feel better, more energized and satisfied on days that I drink it vs. days I don't. Any hot liquid will get you movin' so to speak. :wink:
  • Jenny_Bee
    Options
    someone told me hot water and lemon was good for getting rid of cellulite. and they drank it religiously, but never told me if it worked for them.

I think water is just good for everything. :smile:
  • clem7444
    clem7444 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't know about cleansing, but drinking lemon water can help regulate the body's PH balance and is beneficial for people who have acid reflux or heart burn.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Lemon helps your body with insulin...tea suppresses appatite....aloe vera lubricates the system.
  • mcandyr
    Options
    I got this from a workout site:

Here is why lemon water is important to put in your diet:
    The key organ in fat metabolism is the liver. Bile is created by the liver, stored in the gallbladder, and aids the liver in breaking down fats. Bile can not do it's job when it has been thickened by chemicals, toxins, heavy metals, etc. Lemon juice thins the bile and allows it to 'perform it's duty' of breaking down fats, therefore making your liver more efficient.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is good for you, good for your liver and kidneys. It's also good at helping control kidney stones if you're prone to them (but not infections! For infections you want to raise the acidity of your system, and while lemon juice is acidic when you eat it, the end result is actually a decrease in acidity.).
  • MrsWife2011
    MrsWife2011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    From A.F. Beddoe's book “Biological Ionization in Human Nutrition,”

“Lemon water is used in every person that can tolerate it. That is, if there is no allergy to lemon and no active ulcers, then all adults and most children should use the lemon water. The purpose of the lemon is to:

provide a natural strengthening agent to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.

The liver can make more enzymes out of fresh lemon juice than any other food element.

The lemon helps fix oxygen and calciums in the liver because it regulates blood carbohydrate levels which affect the blood oxygen levels.”

On a separate note: I personally do not think that cold water or lemon will burn fat, just like most diet myths not any "one" food will burn fat from your body. Only way to burn fat, burn more calories than you bring in.