How long did the last 10-15 lbs take for YOU?!

Options
I need to know if my expectations are in the right place. I'm thinking it will take me at least 2 months...

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I've been working on it for 6 months.

But for two of those months I fell off the wagon, HARD. then I spent the next 3 months trying to get back to where I was. It's only since probably January that things have been heading in a reasonable downward trend.
  • Alejandro96
    Options
    15 lbs ( 14.6 ) took me 4 weeks i started at 197.5 now i'm 182.9
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on it, but the first 11 took me 3 weeks, and I haven't lost anything in about 1.5 weeks. I'm now 162 and I started at 173.
  • juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I stabilized for about 6months at about 10lbs heavier than my idea of my "ideal weight", even though I was OK with where I was, I wanted that 10lbs gone. During that 6months, I was still eating healthy and working out, but nothing was changing, then all of a sudden one weigh in the weight starting to slowly come off and now I'm done those last 10lbs. Once it started coming off it took about 2 months, give or take. I'd have to go back and look at my weigh in chart to be exact, it was definitely slow going, but steady.
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    The last time I lost the last 10 lbs was when I stopped nursing my son. After 12 weeks of active workout (bootcamp style) and watching my calorie intake I lost the 10lb and gained muscle. This time after having my daughter, I have been actively trying to loose the weight the same way...well maybe a little less rigid on the watching calories (still eating clean) and have lost about 3 lbs in 4 weeks. Not very encouraging but I am doing it the right way.

Stay at it. Try to focus on the inches lost as well. I sure am trying to not get discoraged but expect a 0.5 lb loss/ week with only 10-15 lbs to goal weight. Our bodies just refuse to let those last freaking lbs :p
  • katemedlock
    Options
    I started new years weekend and i am down 10 lbs----i exercise everyday and i am always under my calorie intake goal---i can feel my clothes getting looser and i am wearing pants that i was not able to --so i know i am going in the right direction--but it is frustrating that my scales havent moved in a week---but reading yalls posts gives me a boost
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've been a little lazy with the last 10-15 lbs. But I can eat at maintenance and strength train and STILL lose inches... appearance is what matters.
    For most people I've heard it takes anywhere from 2 months to 6 months.
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am in that boat right now, 14 lbs to go to goal. Lost 22 lbs before joing MFP, that toke a year to do. So it may take 6 mos or more for me to lose the last 14 lbs. Have went from a very tight 12 levis jean to a lose 10 now. They say that the last fews lbs are the hardest . I try not to focus so much on the number on the scale and more on how my clothes fit and how I overall feel.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in Nov and since, I've lost 14lbs..
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you are on your last 10-15 lbs you should be set at 0.5lbs/week to ensure you don't lose a lot of lean muscle along with the fat. So having said that it should take you around 20 weeks to lose the last 10 and 25-30 weeks to lose the last 15 (assuming you set your goal between 0.5 and 1lb until the last 10)

Here is a guide for setting weekly weight loss goals based on the amount of weight you have to lose (and with each of these you should be eating back the cals burned from exercise):
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

I see you have 21 lbs to go so your goal should be 1lb/week at the most, so I would say 10-12 weeks for 10 lbs, or 16-20 for 15lbs
  • lilfurson
    Options
    I have lost 19 pounds since January 2nd of this year (39 days) but then again I also gained 25 pounds from Sept - Dec of last year. I'm kinda a freak when it come to gaining / losing weight.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    the last 10-15 is so damn hard to lose! ive been trying to lose it for 6 months now.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'll let ya know when I GET there!!! :grumble:
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The first 50 pounds came off pretty fast. About 8 to 10 months. The next 10 -15 took a year! I am partly to blame. I got comfortable and didn't work as hard at it.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'll let ya know when I GET there!!! :grumble:

Yeah. That.

I dropped the first 26 pretty easily and quickly, then got stuck. I restarted this past Monday and now have 10-15 to go. I'm hoping to be there by the start of April.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Over a year and still counting lol
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have 4 lbs. left to lose and it's definitely coming off a lot slower. I have recently (this is my third week) started zig-zagging my calories. Obviously it's not a huge difference each day since I have so little left to lose, but it's helped my weight loss jump start again. I've lost 1 lb. a week each of the last 2 weeks.
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    I set out to lose 15 lbs about three months ago, but I fell off the wagon during the Christmas holidays.

I've lost 7 lbs in 3 months. 8 lbs more to go. This is on 1200-1300 calories per day.

In the past I've been able to lose faster, but to do it I have to go under 1000 calories per day.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think how long it takes for those last 10-15 pounds really depends on what your "goal" weight is.

If your goal weight is much lower than your body wants to be, it will take longer...for instance, my goal weight is around a 20 BMI. While this is a healthy BMI, I know it's going to take awhile to get there since it's on the lower end of the spectrum. If my goal weight was say, 23 or 24 BMI, I think the weight would drop off quicker.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    the last 10-15 is so damn hard to lose! ive been trying to lose it for 6 months now.

Same here!!!! It is ridiculously hard!!! I actually decided to maintain my weightloss of 50lbs for about 6 months for awhile because I thought my body needed a break from losing. Now I have been working on the last 10 lbs since mid Decemeber (about 2 months now)...and as you can see from my ticker, I still have 8 to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!