Favorite CHEAT food!

Options
I still have not chosen a cheat day, but I don't even know how to do it, I'm just scared of a cheat day, but all I want is brownies with cold milk! I have not had a brownie for about a year now, going nuts! what is your favorite cheat day food? & how do you work around it?

Replies

• cooter2533
    Options
    My favorite "cheat" food is probably ice cream, wings or a big bleu cheese burger. I just eat them every now and then and fit them in my calories the best I can. No reason you can't have a brownie and milk once a week or every couple weeks. Just fit it in your calories the best you can and eat a reasonable size brownie
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I agree eating a browning once a week isn't going to make you gain weight. You should enjoy and have a cheat day onces a week imo. I wouldn't go crazy and eat a huge one, but enjoy!
  • rebelo3
    rebelo3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eat brownies!! My favorite are Fiber One brownies (90 cals!!!) or No Pudge Brownies (You have to make these, the mix is found in the gluten-free isle, each brownie is 120 cals).. you can definitely fit these in everyday and then no need for a cheat day if you don't want one!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have no cheat foods, if i want something i eat it and fit it into my cals
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Yep. Same here.
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    icecream!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Anything in the arena of 4000 calories, I call a good splurge day.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Roast dinner. I always exercise on those days to make up for it and eat low cal the rest of the day x
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • angebrun
    angebrun Posts: 35 Member
    Options

This!
  • ashiyo
    ashiyo Posts: 23
    Options
    I loveeeee ice cream. I don't even feel bad when I eat one of the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches or frozen yogurt, much easier to fit into my calorie count! :)
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I have not had a brownie for about a year now

This makes me sad.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

Ditto!

And make sure it's pizza!
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    When I am craving a dessert I make a healthier version of it so that I stay within my calorie goals, but I get to satisfy my sweet tooth:) Not ALL of the reciepes are good, but if you like to bake like I do then it just makes it more fun. Same goes for salty snacks as well. It takes some time and label reading, but the better alternative to any "naughty" food is out there if you look hard enough.
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Like ACG67 says, if I want something, I fit it into my macro's. That being said, I have a SICK addiction to organic bulk granola. Mostly hemp flaxseed or ginger zing. I can eat this by the pound.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm a fiend for either red velvet or carrot cake.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

This times a 1000!!!!

Now for family/life events I just don't worry about it. Thanksgiving & Xmas I didn't bother logging. It would've been too difficult to log all the bailey's & coffee & Colorado Bulldogs I had consumed. LOL I think I drank more calories than I ate. :tongue:

In addtion, my kids birthdays are a week apart....the first one 8 days after Christmas. I did log what I had but if I was over - big deal. I just started over the next day. I wasn't going to deprive myself of not enjoying the cake & event. Just go with the flow!

Seriously though, if you don't feel that you can give yourself 1 day off at this point, than give yourself 1 meal (every month/week/whatever works for you) where you can order anything you want. If it makes you feel better go workout that day.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Exactly! Looking at a food as "forbidden" or "cheating" is only going to make this that much harder and is unrealistic. Look at your options and decide if it is worth it for you.

Have you ever had black bean brownies? They are delicious and so simple. All you need is a box of brownie mix (I like Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge) and a can of black beans (not seasoned, obviously. I like Bush's. I found that the Market Pantry (Target brand) is not that good in these). Put the bean in a colander to drain and rinse really really well. Put back in the can and fill the can with water. Dump into a food processor (or blender, which is what I use, lol) and puree/liquify. Then add to brownie mix and mix with fork. DO NOT add anything else- ignore the box directions for oils, eggs, water, etc. Bake at 350* for 34-35 minutes. No need for the toothpick test, or to not lick the fork, since there is no raw egg in there!

They come out so moist and fudgy it is amazing. They are literally the best brownies I've ever had. My husband was so hesitant when I first made them; now he won't eat brownies any other way and requests them at least once a week! (i.e. the second he finishes off the last one!)

Seriously, that with a glass of cold skim milk... perfection. You get to have your treat AND have it be healthy!!
  • appyfan
    Options
    Along with Cytherea's idea, I take a box of really chocolately cake mix or brownie mix & mix with full smaller can or half a large can of pumpkin. Taste like a chocolate gingerbread, but VERY moist!
  • Holly092
    Holly092 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Butter Chicken :O