My Journey is not your journey.

Options
My journey and my path to lose weight is not your path, Your path is not my path. I see too many people get hinged on what those around them have done. You can do it, everyone on this site can accomplish the goals they dream, desire and so desperately want. You can do it, every single one of you. Just remember you have to find the way that best fits you. Best part of this site is there is people all around you on their journeys and paths can intersect.

Not going to lie, it's not easy, its not always fun. (Though sometimes it's downright fun) The scale is going to make you angry, you will most likely eat something and think DANG IT. That is all part of your journey. Funny enough we will look back at those times and realize that the hard time we put in to make ourselves better were actually good times. I look back when I first started and I remember how miserable I thought this was going to be. Well fast forward 7 months later, I don't even realize I'm on a diet. I enjoy working out, and I look back at the people I've met on here and at the gym and I think, why did I never do this earlier. I mean I tried to diet before, but I never fully bought into the program/desire/want to accomplish this. I wanted a fast fix, to give a year up to be able to go back to how things were before. I'm here to tell you once you start the path you don't go back to how it was before.

You guys are all awesome, no matter how little or how much you have to lose. This is hard yet fun times we are all going through. Just know when you are feeling down or you might fall off the wagon, others around you are doing the same thing. We are all trying to push ourselves further and further. You can do it, one foot in front of the other, day by day. Keep at, keep moving, learn from your mistakes and just don't ever quit. You deserve it.

I leave you with a quote.

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right" — Henry Ford

Just for the record, I think you can.

-JR.

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I needed to hear this this morning!
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You are so right. It's hard to stay "up" when you aren't losing and others are. I have to remember that I'm not doing this just to get rid of pounds. I'm doing it to be the strongest, healthiest "me" I can be.
    We all have a different journey, but luckily we travel down some of the same roads on our way there.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Awesome post--thank you.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love your post. Well said, JR. Unless you've walked a mile in my shoes, you have no right to judge me.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You are so right. It's hard to stay "up" when you aren't losing and others are. I have to remember that I'm not doing this just to get rid of pounds. I'm doing it to be the strongest, healthiest "me" I can be.
    We all have a different journey, but luckily we travel down some of the same roads on our way there.

Glad you are on the journey. Meeting all the new people along the way is part of the fun!
  • I really like this. Sometimes I forget that all this ultimately is for me and not everyone else.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! It's so hard sometimes looking around you and seeing everyone in amazing shape and looking at yourself and feeling inadequate when there is absolutely no reason for it! I know I am in good shape and need fine tuning and it's difficult when the human mind naturally compares to other's bodies and successes! Thank you again for this motivational post :)
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your post is very motivational.

I have to keep telling myself that I am not going to wake up tomorrow and be three stone lighter however, I could wake up in a year and be three stone lighter if I continue.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You are so very right. THANK YOU!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Thanks for posting! No two people are alike, even my identical twin brothers are built a little differently.
  • ELIZACAY236
    ELIZACAY236 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • Jakolin
    Jakolin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you, :flowerforyou:
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    Amen! Well said!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    great motivating post! and btw i LOVE that quote. that quote alone got me through rough parts in my life!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Group hug :heart:
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The subject line says it all for me.

My goals arent everyone's cup of tea but who cares? Why try and talk me out of it? Why make every attempt to tell me that I'm going to look horrible if I want to gain muscle or that I'm going to look like a man? Really??

My journey is not your journey. My goals are not your goals. Your ideal is not my ideal.
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Very motivational!
  • growlbaby
    Options
    Thank you for your post! I have been trying to stay as up beat about my weight loss as I can.. but I am getting frustrated because I think I should be losing more weight than I am. I know that my body is doing the best it can with the tools I am giving it to help, and I always feel like I should be doing more. Thank you for the reality slap to the face. I shouldn't be judging my progress by those around me.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Beautifully put, thank you! And I definitely need to put that quote up in my home...just awesome! :happy:
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    Your post is very motivational.

I have to keep telling myself that I am not going to wake up tomorrow and be three stone lighter however, I could wake up in a year and be three stone lighter if I continue.

I agree 100% with you