Total Geek but so excited about this

Options
I walk every day bring my son back and forth to school. So that is 4 blocks going and 4 blocks coming home. Today I dropped him off and then went to do some grocery shopping. I calculated from mapquest how many miles I walked (and will walk to go pick him up) and it came up to almost 2 miles in about 40 minutes. When I dropped him off at school they were selling world finest chocolate bars which I LOVE and I had one and instantly felt guilty. LOL I added that and what I will be eating for dinner tonight and had 5 calories left for the day. Which I am fine with. But then I added in the almost 2 miles of walking and I gained calories to eat! I won't eat them but I am so glad that I didn't screw up for the day.

I am totally loving this site!!!

Just thought I would share! :laugh:

Replies

• leomakarov
    leomakarov Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great Job and welcome !

When you drop him off at the school, jog back home, then back to his school, then back home again. That'll raise your heartbeat a bit to shed some more of those calories..

Also, for a better and quicker result, try to incorporate an aerobics routine into the diet plan. Even jogging for 45 minutes will get you better results.
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    YAY.....Good for you! Prior to this site, I would have felt like "since I already did the damage, my daily food intake is ruined!" But, the reality is that it was NOT bad at all. We all need our chocolate fix every now and then...especially those yummy bars! Two hips and a HOORAY!
  • daniellek10
    daniellek10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! that is def one thing I love about this site also!! even when you think you did horribly, if you track it you realize it wasn't so bad!!!
  • pb6012002
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. My normal mind set would have been, well I cheated now lets give up. But this is the first time ever I feel like I am in control. I have down both Atkins and Weight Watchers and I have had success on both, but for some reason just by counting calories I feel like I have more of handle on things.

And even though I only started on here yesterday, I was charting for over a week and in one week lost 7.5 pounds!! I was thrilled with those results and that gave me the jump I needed.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great attitude,pb., that is so important. You will do great The walking is super, good for you.
  • janna878
    janna878 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just proof that you can eat whatever you want while "dieting" and still lose weight!
  • leomakarov
    leomakarov Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just proof that you can eat whatever you want while "dieting" and still lose weight!

you CAN eat whatever you want, but that's not always the case. Instead, eat what you WANT AAAANDD it's HEALTHY for your body. Especially on a low caloric intake, you want your body to have the most nutrients it can.
  • jjs22
    jjs22 Posts: 156
    Options
    It's great to see that walk as part of your "ordinary" activities.

Some people (like me) absolutely despise going to a gym or doing specifically designated exercise sessions. Much to my relief, I've found that that's not necessary. I started walking to work every day (1 mile each way) and gradually sped up the pace as my fitness improved. I walk to the store for incidentals. Some days i take the long way home. And I joined a community "running club" with a weekly 5k; I just walk, but I'm now quick enough that I pass up some of the joggers.

Anyway, the thing that has helped me be successful is that my walk to work and back is "automatic". Unless the weather totally sucks, I just do it and there's no hesitation. The first step feels good, the last step feels good, so there's no reason to cringe and think of excuses.