Discouraged

Options
In May/June I dropped 20lbs doing a Biggest Loser contest with friends. I since gained like 7 back. Starting January 2, I started working out on the elliptical 45 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week and continuing to up my levels or challenges. I started "juicing" -- making my own vegetable/fruit juice (spinach, kale, beets, apple, pineapple) and really controlling my portions. Every day I'm within my goal calories. Since January 2, which is almost 1.5 months I have only lost 1 pound. I am not meant to be this weight, I feel like by doing anything like getting on the elliptical I should be losing and please do not say it is muscle weight. I am just at a loss. I am really trying and I don't want to be this size/weight forever!!!!

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to open your food diary for people to see?
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It could be that you're not eating *enough* given all the working out you're doing.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Plateaus happen! You've just hit one. Don't get discouraged yet, you're doing all the right things. I post this all the time, and many have found it helpful already. To break a plateau there are several things you can do.
    -Change your exercise routine
    -Up your daily calories
    -Start having a cheat day (100-200 extra nutritious calories)
    -Up your water intake
    -Take a rest day and not worry about the numbers! (I like this one!)
  • steph_znoj
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! I just hate working so hard and being so discouraged!! I'm scared to open up my food journal because I don't want people to criticize. I have read that on the boards, that some people are haters or what not.
  • diamond18235
    Options
    I can understand & relate to your frustration. I've been there too. I trained to run a 1/2 marathon and with all the running & working out I did, I didn't lose any weight. I went to see a nutritionist & she told me right away that I wasn't eating enough calories. Reevaluate the amount of calories you are eating each day. I can also relate that it is hard to "make" yourself eat more and believe that you will lose weight but it is so true.