Online Work outs - specifically Yoga

Options
I am wondering if anyone knows any good sites for some work outs? Specifically beginner yoga. I used to use exercise tv but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I am wanting some variety and hoping you can suggest some good sites!

Thanks!!

Replies

• InsaneChic85
    InsaneChic85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of yoga booty ballet?? It is a great yoga/dance workout, great for beginners!!! If you want some info on it, send me a message and I can send it to you (a video preview)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Let me preface by saying you really should take a few classes at a studio so your form can be corrected - that's so important to be sure you don't push too hard or end up hurting yourself. Often studios have inexpensive drop-in prices so you don't have to become a member... just a thought.

Okay, for online workouts YouTube is great. Check out "yogatic" and "yogayak" and "Sadie Nardini". Also, yogajournal.com lets you build your own sequence from their database and they have great written material about the poses. Another great site is gainfitness.com - if you sign up for the site (it's free) you can enter your level and desired length of workout and it will build a yoga practice for you, just be sure to research any poses you aren't familiar with.

ETA: Check your library as well, but you can get some inexpensive DVDs at Amazon from Sara Ivanhoe or Rodney Yee, great for beginners (just don't get the For Dummies one).