New to MFP - first weigh-in today

Options
Hi everyone,

I just found out about MFP about two weeks ago and I'm really liking it, plus enjoying hearing others' comments and suggestions on the message boards. I'm trying to avoid becoming diabetic (female, 44 yrs, family history of diabetes) and improve my health. Also looking forward to feeling good about myself again. So, my first weigh-in was this morning and I've lost three pounds in the last week. I know that's a bit high and am sure it's mostly water ... but it sure felt good to see some progress. Only 48 more pounds to go!

16628243.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sure feels good to see the scale move..
  • nikgoss357
    Options
    Hi there,

I am new too, today is my very first login. I just downloaded the app to my phone too. One of my good freinds got me onto this and I hope it helps me lose the weight. I am still trying to lose my baby weight and my baby is a year old!! I need some motivation to get going but once I do I am normally good to go and I hope that MFP will be a good helper.

17216488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • gibbyup
    Options
    Hi there,

I am new too, today is my very first login. I just downloaded the app to my phone too. One of my good freinds got me onto this and I hope it helps me lose the weight. I am still trying to lose my baby weight and my baby is a year old!! I need some motivation to get going but once I do I am normally good to go and I hope that MFP will be a good helper.

17216488.png

Not that I am a vet, but welcome! I have the phone app too and I think I may be addicted to it!
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

17216488.png

Not that I am a vet, but welcome! I have the phone app too and I think I may be addicted to it!

I have been here a couple of weeks and I am definately addicted to the phone app. Maybe we should start a support group for it...LOL :bigsmile:
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My husband gets so frustrated with me and my MFPapp! I love it and am so addicted to this site! I just started 4 weeks ago this Saturday so I'm excited to weigh in this weekend and see how much I've lost in 4 weeks.
  • gibbyup
    Options
    This is funny! My husband also ... but I remind him that soon he will be telling me how hot I am again!!
  • Yippey
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am got the app a few weeks ago but just started using it this week. I love it already. Looking for friends to keep each other on track along this journey to health and happiness.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Have always been rather healthy and active (runner, biker, biathlon, marathoner, tennis, basketball, etc.). In my early 40's (175)I started a new job that took away from my exercise time, and I started getting sports-related injuries when I did exercise.

Then I started smoking again and couch potato syndrome kicked in. Metabolism slowed down and gained about 5 lbs. per yr. until 47 (210 lbs.) when I got married, had a baby girl a yr. later and was now gaining 10 lbs. per year until 51 (250 lbs.) and diagnosed with diabetes. Time to get serious. I want to lose about 30-40 lbs. before my follow-up doctors visit in mid-March. Have tried exercise programs in the past, but never followed the diet portion of the plan. A student of mine turned me on to MFP. First month - lost 18 lbs. Next month, lost 12. I'm on target to satisfy my Doctor, but I'm really out to please myself and my wife.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Have always been rather healthy and active (runner, biker, biathlon, marathoner, tennis, basketball, etc.). In my early 40's (175)I started a new job that took away from my exercise time, and I started getting sports-related injuries when I did exercise.

Then I started smoking again and couch potato syndrome kicked in. Metabolism slowed down and gained about 5 lbs. per yr. until 47 (210 lbs.) when I got married, had a baby girl a yr. later and was now gaining 10 lbs. per year until 51 (250 lbs.) and diagnosed with diabetes. Time to get serious. I want to lose about 30-40 lbs. before my follow-up doctors visit in mid-March. Have tried exercise programs in the past, but never followed the diet portion of the plan. A student of mine turned me on to MFP. First month - lost 18 lbs. Next month, lost 12. I'm on target to satisfy my Doctor, but I'm really out to please myself and my wife.
    13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gibbyup
    Options

13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Wow, our history is quite similar! I was always active, fitness instructor, spin instructor, triathlons and running, running, running! Then started a new job that sucked me in and took all my time. Next thing you know I'm getting sports injuries and then a broken back! No smoking, but definitely have become very comfortable on the couch. Next thing you know I'm knockin' on 200 lbs! Eeek! I'm 5/7" and should weigh closer to 135.

It sounds like you have made some amazing changes, keep it up!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im new here too and i think im already addicted to this site!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    appears by the "text" around the ticker that 2 of you are pasting your ticker code (not to mention quoting their post sticking the ticker in the quote)

WHere you are reading this you can save yourself some time
    Up top it says Message Boards > INtroduce Yourself
    Home > Recent Posts > My Topics > SETTINGS > Search

Under settings the ONLY option is to display your ticker, no need to post the code each time. Besides that welcome to MFP :P