FOOD!

Options
Does anyone know of any good foods for lunch and diner??

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Chicken
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would love itdeas on this also. I seem to always make the same things for lunch and they are starting to get old. My easy go to lunch is taco salad. I make lean ground turkey & add taco seasoning at the beginning of the week. Then each day I take taco meat, lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucumber. For dressing I mix fat free sour cream & salsa together (sometimes add hot sauce). It's a filling lunch for around 300 calories.
  • srrivera24
    Options
    I just did the same! I also boil chicken and shred it and put the seasoning in it, but bein mexican I get sick of taco salads lol... I have also tried thoses progresso soups which are usually 180 calories, maybe add a side salad..... I get bored fast and thats what usually stops my motivation! it sucks because I love food and I want to eat what I want but cant without gaining!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    What do you like? What do you not like? Do you enjoy cooking? I could list a million things but I cook mostly vegetarian meals and I make everything from scratch, so it may not appeal to others.
  • srrivera24
    Options
    I am a meat and potatoe lover but more for diner..... I just want something good and not so high in calories for lunch.... and I dont like to eat the same thing everyday.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Look to skinnytaste.com or eatingwell.com for recipe inspiration. The good news is, most of the recipes from both sites are already in the MFP database.
  • waferzdog
    Options
    So many options - I have ADD so I get bored really fast. Check out some of the frozen meals (lots of sodium) - many at just 300 calories. I suppliment dinners with LOTS of vegies - filling, healthy and very low calories - Vegies with most any type of meat.

I've also tried several recipes from Rachel Rays site - the key in in portion control. The 7 - layer chile cheese dog dip made quite a few meals and was SO good.

Again - you can eat almost anything - it really is about portion control and limiting carbs. Good luck.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I work a day job so I usually bring leftovers for dinner. Dinner can be almost anything:

For protein we most often eat: Grilled fish (we like them all), roasted chicken breasts or dried beans. Last night we had pork tenderloin

Vegetables are usually tossed in olive oil and spices and roasted, stir fried or sauteed in olive oil. We like most vegetables so we mix up the variety and spices.

About half the time we also have brown rice or quinoa with the protein and veggies.

Occasionally we skip the meat/beans and just veggies or veggies w/rice or quinoa.

Other dinners: Chicken and/or bean tacos or burritos, whole grain pasta with a variety of sauces, cajun red beans & rice, bean soups, beans & cornbread, OMG I could go on and on.

I love to cook! It really just depends on what we're in the mood for.