9 lbs lost my first week...

Options
I know my body is basically in shock from going from a 3500+ calorie diet to a 2000... I had trouble actually -meeting- my calories this week (amazing how easy that is when you eat fresh foods at home instead of Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburgers from TGI Fridays), but I kept my net calories above 1700 each day.

So my question is, I know most of this is water weight. Am I going to gain that back this week or can I keep it off, and should I put that in my "check in" or wait until next week when I weigh in again?

Replies

• azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If you stay on track with your calories, and it isn't that TOM. You probably will not gain any back. You might even lose more, but don't expect such a great number every week.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I know my body is basically in shock from going from a 3500+ calorie diet to a 2000... I had trouble actually -meeting- my calories this week (amazing how easy that is when you eat fresh foods at home instead of Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburgers from TGI Fridays), but I kept my net calories above 1700 each day.

So my question is, I know most of this is water weight. Am I going to gain that back this week or can I keep it off, and should I put that in my "check in" or wait until next week when I weigh in again?

YOu can keep that off!!!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!
    Just keep plodding away!! WHat an amazing accomplishment... I would totally put that in your check-in weight.... it would be great motivation!! If you have to change it at your next weigh-in...that's ok (:
    Just keep doing what you're doing and I know the scale is going to keep moving downward!
    I'm so proud of you!!! :flowerforyou: :wink: :drinker:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    If you stay on track with your calories, and it isn't that TOM. You probably will not gain any back. You might even lose more, but don't expect such a great number every week.

Right, I know not to expect that. Not only is it unrealistic, its not healthy to lose that much weight every week. :) Thanks to both of you!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Congratz lady, that's awesome. Best luck, hope you can keep 2 lbs a week for a while!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work and you'll never see those 9 lbs again. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What a great start!! That is very impressive!!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options

AZWildcatfan- what is "TOM"?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Way to go. :smile: In my experience, you will not put those pounds back on- they're gone for good as long as you stick to your plan.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    try not to weigh yourself too often in case you do get disappointed from unexpected small gains. i weigh myself weekly, but i think that is even too often.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

hehe, Time Of Month.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!!! Way to go :bigsmile:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options

hehe, Time Of Month.

ah ha, catchy. I'll have to remember that one. There's a lot of abbreviations used on this site that I have no clue what they mean...lol...thank you.