Before and welll not afters yet..

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
Im curious how people feel when they take those before... ive taken some but i delete them im so ashamed....

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to have them but personally I get ashamed, I look at those pictures and think wow I did that to myself and in some I'm smiling thinking I'm all that plus some when honestly I was a big fat mess....
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I actually keep a before pic up at work...to remind myself of where I came from. This pic was pre-MFP, so about 25lbs ago as opposed to the 6 I have lost since signing up. It keeps me motivated to keep going! :)
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken pictures at my top weight....I have pictures but not full body ones that I have now. It would have been nice to see the real difference now that I have lost so much weight. You will thank us later:happy:
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As someone who didn't get proper before pictures until about 150 pounds lost, I SO wish I had taken them. It is a regret I will always have because I will never go back to that weight!
  • bathony
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW, fantastic weight loss, well done x
  • mkwow
    mkwow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I never even take befores. I probably should, but I feel the same way, I would be too ashamed! But once I start seeing progress I become proud to put the two pictures side by side!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T take any before pictures for JUST THAT SAME REASON! However, I do have some from Oct, 2011- we had family pictures taken then, and I had lost about 12 pounds when they were taken- still DON'T LIKE THEM at all!! But they are what they are and I certainly can not do anything about them, EXCEPT to NEVER take another picture where I am that size again! Slowly but surely I WILL succeed!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE the before and after pics. It is the best motivator... so please DON'T DELETE them.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Im curious how people feel when they take those before... ive taken some but i delete them im so ashamed....

It's sometimes hard to see where you are if you can't see where you've been.
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think they are a great reminder of where you started and where you are today. I couldn't really see the changes without it.
  • steffanyjames
    steffanyjames Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I took 3 before pics 13 days ago in a workout bra and shorts. I was mortified when I looked at them. I am happy that I took them though because I want to see how far I've come when I finally weigh myself and take my measurements at the end of the month.

I know they will be good motiviation for me and I'm happy I did, as bad as they look. I think you'll wish you had them too...

Cheers friend!
  • jillbernhardt
    jillbernhardt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As someone who didn't get proper before pictures until about 150 pounds lost, I SO wish I had taken them. It is a regret I will always have because I will never go back to that weight!

What an inspiration you are!!! Great Job!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I actually just posted a "before" and “current” pic on my profile this morning. It seems that picture posting has been on my mind for some time but vanity kept me from following through.

I’m pleased with the current me, but you can’t see the huge (no pun) difference without the old picture. For the last few days I've looked at both my before and current pictures and kind of agonized over whether I should (or could) post them. Finally, this morning I got the nerve to put them up.

Funny… The process is both exhilarating and anxiety producing.

It is a very good thing that I have the old pictures. They are an example of where I've been and where I don't want to go back!
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    As much as I didn't want to -I took the before pictures today. They were disgusting and I wanted to delete them but am going to try to make myself keep them. I actually thought I would hate it if my husband saw those pictures but then realized...he is my husband of course he knows what I look like. UGH!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!