My metabolism needs some help

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
some stats about myself. I'm 28 male, 5feet and 9 inches and weight 278 lbs and am starting to workout and eat right after about a year of "taking a break".

I have been working out, although with not as much success as one would hope ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/484851-having-a-hard-time-meeting-goals ). I am indian and love eating indian food. One thing that most westerners dont know is that our food, though healthy via spices and natural ingredients in general, have alot of added calories via oils and animal fats. I have been working on cutting down some of that and making healthier versions of indian food (I am a decent cook :))

Anyways, Just wondering if anyone can help me find ways to boost my metabolism. I used to do shots of apple cider vinegar too btw which for some reason used to help (or atleast I think it helped)

Replies

• charlie2harvey
    Options
    Ive heard just today that hot water with a slice of lemon or two helps to kick start your metabolism.Ive not tried it yet but will be doing when ive been and bought some lemons. lol .good kuck:happy:
  • solodancer
    solodancer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    eat smaller portions through the day...for instance, dish out ur main meal and then half it and put one half in the fridge and eat the other as ur meal, then about 2/3 hours later have the other half. ur body is working all day to burn the food so ur metabolism will increase and if u make sure ur cuttin ur initial portions down, u may look at ur plate and think there isnt a lot of it but u will surprised, and remember u will be eating again soon
    this is only my opinion dont take it as gospel xx