Valentine's Day

Options
KXanthos
KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I'd like to take a minute to remind all you men out there that while flowers and candy are great on this corporate greeting card holiday (and in some sad cases are even expected by the women in your lives), the absolute best reason to send flowers is no reason at all. Sending flowers on a random Tuesday just to show that you care, or to tell someone you like them, is far more meaningful and thoughtful than sending them when they're expected. I can't speak for all women, but for me and for many woman I know, the best reason to send flowers is no reason at all. :-)

Replies

• jkirk2012
    Options
    I totally agree! Well said
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Yep. And, by the way, always send them to her work. Having her co-workers and girlfriends see them is as important as the flowers themselves.

If I'm mistaken, ladies, please let me know. It has always been my experience.
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    IMO I'd rather go do something than get a present. I told my boyfriend we're not exchanging gifts and that we should go up north snowboarding one more time this season. Hotel room, lift tickets & food will be gift enough!

But I certainly won't turn down some flowers...
  • KXanthos
    Options
    Yep. And, by the way, always send them to her work. Having her co-workers and girlfriends see them is as important as the flowers themselves.

Yes, I agree! And it makes the guy look pretty darn good too!
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I have a coworker who ALWAYS gets flowers at work from her husband. If the holiday/anniversary/birthday falls on a weekend he is sure to send them on the Friday before hand. I wish someone would send ME flowers to work....or just in general!! lol Geesh....
  • KXanthos
    Options

I have a coworker who ALWAYS gets flowers at work from her husband. If the holiday/anniversary/birthday falls on a weekend he is sure to send them on the Friday before hand. I wish someone would send ME flowers to work....or just in general!! lol Geesh....

I haven’t gotten any in a very long time either, but when I did, the best ones were always on some random day just to say I love you, thinking of you, or for some other sweet and totally unexpected reason. When the flowers are sent on a non-holiday or non-birthday, we know that you guys thought of it all on your own and that the idea wasn’t put into your head by Hallmark or by what society expects you to do. :-)
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    To the women out there, buying your guy a manly gift just because is a great thing to do. No need to wait for a birthday, or christmas, or father's day. Just go buy that gun he wants, those golf clubs, or what ever other thing he likes. :)
  • KXanthos
    Options
    To the women out there, buying your guy a manly gift just because is a great thing to do. No need to wait for a birthday, or christmas, or father's day. Just go buy that gun he wants, those golf clubs, or what ever other thing he likes. :)

:-)
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

You are very right! It does go both ways. :)