Chinese food - what to get???

Options
I'm eating out at a chinese restuarant tonight, can anyone suggest a low cal yet tasty and filling meal?

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Our local restaurant has a chicken lettuce wrap with brown rice--my favorite.
  • moefinch
    moefinch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We usually go for steamed rice and chicken chow mein.
  • Cosmicrabbit
    Options
    Usually if you get stuff steamed - tofu (bean curd) can be prepared that way (also tofu is full of protein and very filling). Try to get your veggies steamed as well. Edamame is great too if its on the menu. I try to eat stuff that won't be fried if I can. If you can do Thai stuff- Much easier on the diet, less deep fried. Also the spicy really cuts my appetite. I find most places are very accomodating for steaming rather than stir fry. Good luck!
  • subigirl
    subigirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Chicken with Broccoli is my typical "go to" Chinese selection. In most cases, the chicken is not battered, saving calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Stay away from sweet & sour and deep fried anything. Order something with lots of veggies, use the (steamed) rice sparingly & try for brown rice if you can. The sodium content is the worst part though.
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    I like getting shrimp and broccoli, brown rice if they have it (once they thought I meant fried rice when I requested brown so that's what was brought to me) and I get the sauce on the side.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have either the steamed chicken and broccolli or steamed vegetables and scallops and have them hold the rice.
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    moo shu chicken ask them to go light on the oil

its tons of veggies esp. cabbage sauteed with non breaded chicken with minimal amounts of sauce. it is served with pancakes and hoisin sauce which you should go a little easy on it has about 70 calories in two tablespoons. I ABSOLUTELY love this dish and think it is definitely a better option among a lot more calories steeped choices.