"Egg Pancakes": An Alternative to Carbs!

Options
Instead of pasta, rice, bread, etc., try this: Simply beat a large egg and pour into a small non-stick frying pan or skillet, using high heat (get 'er done quick). When egg is mostly set, flip, as a pancake, and do the other side. This is a high-protein, low-carb alternate to tortillas. I top mine with cheese and a portion of stir-fried meat with veggies.

How's this: stir-fry peppers and onions, season as you wish, add chicken. (I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos, hot sauce, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Sometimes add some cider vinegar and 2 packets of Splenda.) Place the chicken/veggie mixture on the egg, top with a slice of gouda cheese, and microwave for 30 sec to melt the cheese.

Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Have a go!

Replies

• pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ohmigosh sounds delicious.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I thought that was called an omlette.
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

LOL!!! that's exactly what I thought.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options

LOL!!! that's exactly what I thought.

Not if you cover it with delicious maple syrup it's not!
  • LewisFishman
    Options
    It is an omelette, sort of--for those of us whose omelettes always come out "messed up", this is just another way....
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I can cook for EUROPE and I know how to make healthy food taste delicious but I can NOT cook an omlette. Too messy.

I can cook a dukan oat bran muffin though (oat bran, egg, skimmed milk). You can add chopped up cherry tomatoes or spinach to them. I wouldn't exaggerate and say that they were nice exactly but they are low in carbs, high in fibre, low in fat and they fill you up.