Ok so has anyone completed 30DS while on a 1200 cal diet and

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
Ok so has anyone completed 30DS while on a 1200 cal diet and NOT lose weight OR see a difference in their body?

I'm on L2D5, and I have not lost any weight, nor do I see a difference in my body. I FEEL a little better, but that's it. I'm feeling really discouraged. I just don't understand why I'm not losing weight. UGH! What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• majowie
    majowie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It does the same thing to me.. that's so discouraging.. i'm on L2D5 too.. i don't get why it doesn't work... i eat well and exercise... maybe we need more thant that as exercise.. don't know! :P
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    In general I hear a lot from people doing 30DS that they have lost inches but not always pounds. Have you taken measurements? Other than that the only thing I can think of is your 1200 calorie diet. Are you eating back the exercise calories?
  • notAfan
    notAfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to be ignorant... what is 30DS?

I was told by the dietician that we should have about 1500 calories a day, divided into 5 or 6 meals with 10 - 12 fruits and vegetable servings a day... 5 or 6 of each.
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    I was doing hard core bootcamp classes while on the 1200 cal.

I wasn't eating all of my calories back thinking - eat less lose more. Now, after reading about it more and educating myself I see I need to eat more... sigh. So now I work my hardest to eat 1200 which is more like 1500-1600 on days I work out.

I'm about to start one of her programs also but I plan to add more cardio to the mix.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Also is 30DS the only exercise you are doing? I've been losing weight (between Ripped in 30 and now this week I started 30DS) but I'm also doing other exercise in addition. I do 30DS 5 days a week and three of those days I also do one of Jillian's tougher 55 minute workouts later in the day. I always take one day off completely to rest and the other non-30DS day I'm hitting the gym for a little cardio. I don't have my goals set at a 1200 calorie diet either. I couldn't survive that. I have it set for 1 pound a week which gives me 1560 calories. I always try to eat net 1200 even if I don't eat all my exercise calories back (but I do eat them all some days) and on Sundays I allow myself 500-1000 calories extra as a spike day (and no exercise that day). It's been working for me so far.
  • ojell
    Options
    In general I hear a lot from people doing 30DS that they have lost inches but not always pounds. Have you taken measurements? Other than that the only thing I can think of is your 1200 calorie diet. Are you eating back the exercise calories?

No I don't. I did not take measurements but I am going to take some pictures tonight to compare.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    30DS = 30 Day Shred (a Jillian Michaels workout)

My guess is you're toning and losing inches but not weight. Also, if you're not eating back any exercise calories, that could be part of the problem.
  • ojell
    Options
    I am sorry to be ignorant... what is 30DS?

No problem. 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels
  • meghan1984
    meghan1984 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS two summers ago and lost maybe three pounds in total. I didn't take my measurements though but I was very discouraged. I ended up doing it three times in a row (90 days) and in total lost 10lbs.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i'm on lv 2 day 3 and i've lost inches, not pounds. i suggest taking measurements and pictures.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I hope it works for me as I am on 1200 and scheduled to start 30DS in a week (I am away next week) - I've been told to really focus on the measurements with 30DS so I'm intending on taking all my measurements and going off that as opposed to the scale, although I would hate to think I stop losing as I'm only just over a third of the way on my journey!
  • MommaToFour
    Options
    Today is my day 30 of the 30 Day Shred. I had my calories set at 1250 the whole 30 days. I only lost 3 pounds. I am NOT fretting. I lost three inches in my waist....1.5 in my hips...2 inches in one thigh and .5 in another. Those were the only measurements I took. After 14 days of shredding I had already lost 2 inches in my waist. I think if I wouldn't had measured, I would have quit along the way because I wasn't seeing any movement on the scale or just by looking in the mirror. After completing day 30 I see major changes all over my body. I now have cuts where I didn't before. I say don't quit! I do say if you're going to do the shred you HAVE to take measurements and/or before pictures. I am so impressed with the results that tomorrow I am starting Ripped in 30! Good luck!!! :)
  • ojell
    Options
    30DS = 30 Day Shred (a Jillian Michaels workout)

My guess is you're toning and losing inches but not weight. Also, if you're not eating back any exercise calories, that could be part of the problem.
    [/quote

I'm starting to think so too. The thing is I don't know what to eat to be honest. I mean I'm trying to eat more protein and less carbs, but I'm not good at this stuff. I typically don't eat a lot of meat so that's been difficult already. Can I just eat whatever as long as it's within range, or should I keep trying to eat more protein and less carbs.
  • tgbjr1973
    Options
    You definitely need to be eating back the exercise calories. If you're not, your body is netting less than 1,200 cals and you could be in starvation mode. I've been there, and it's very frustrating. I started eating more and I started to lose weight again.

Additionally, 30DS is a great workout, but you simply don't lose as many pounds as you may doing other workouts. You should see a physical difference after 30 days though if you pushed yourself hard.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I did it for 30 day straight except for missing one day during level 3 that i made up at the end...i lost a total of 12.75 inches and 7lbs...and i didnt see much the first week
  • lissamok
    Options
    I'm on a roughly 1200 calorie diet and on the 30DS and I have noticed a slight weight loss, however, I walk a little over 3 miles a day just coming to and going home from work. I do have a cheat meal once a week, but I don't really eat my exercise calories back. When I feel like my metabolism has fully recovered, then I'll gradually reintroduce more calories back into my diet--I am one of those people who gains weight easily if I'm not careful with my calories.

And I agree with the other person who asked if you have measured for inches. The 30DS for me has been more of an inch losing experience than a weight loss because I've built up a lot of muscle I never had prior to the workout program. Perhaps try on an old pair of pants that felt a bit snug and see how they fit now if you don't have a measuring tape handy?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    - Eat your exercise calories (at least NET 1200)
    - Eat CLEAN - whole grains, lean meats, healthy fats, veggies, fruits, little processed foods
    - Drink lots of water
    - REST
    - Do cardio WITH 30DS. 30 minutes minimum afterwards and 60 minutes cardio total every other day (you should "alternate" cardio and strength. So since 30DS is everyday, every other day, do 60 minutes cardio - say, 30 in the morning, 30 after 30DS - and 30 mins after 30DS on the the alternating days.

This helped me stay flexible and not be so sore, also get results, and build up some endurance.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Try eating an extra 300 calories on days you work out. I don't have a hrm but I've read over and over again that you should eat ex. 1200 calories on non workout days and eat 1500 calories on days you work out. And if you do alot of exercising don't be afraid to eat a lil extra. Your body will actually lose weight if you give it enough calories for fuel and the right source of fuel from calories.
  • keddabee
    Options
    Also I've found 30DS to be more strength than cardio so its building muscle mass. Muscle inturn weighs more than fat so therefore you may find you stay the same or gain weight but loose those inches! Good luck xx
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Didn't lose crap on it. Lost about a total of 3 inches with my hips and waist though. Oh and I only got to week 2 day 7 and did 70 minutes a day of card. with it.
    ETA, I would burn just over 200 calories with 30DS. Right around 205 - 230 calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!