just dance 3 - just sweat

kennie2
kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
i have just dance 3 for wii and today i tried out just sweat mode and got 3094 points

does anyone roughly know how much i burned?

(i tried googling it but it said that 4.2 points = 1cal which seems very inaccurate as i was only on for 40 mins)

Replies

• deevo
    deevo Posts: 276 Member
    I would also like to know. Today was my first day trying the just sweat section.... I saw that you are to divide by 4.2 when I googled it today also...and then I saw another post that said take your number and divide by 10. That sounds a little more accurate to me. I did half an hour today (my first time!!) and burned 2500 sweat points. I think I may just log this under general dancing for 250 calories unless someone else has a better idea.

* Yes I know you are going to tell me to get an HRM.... and yes it is on my to do list, and soon as I get some funds*
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Whats a HRM?
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 276 Member
    Heart Rate Monitor
    Like a lot of people talk about the Polar f4 or something like that, but when I went to look at one it was like 60 to 70 dollars.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    10 sweat points per calorie seems about right.

Pam
  • I love it ! fun but a REAL workout
  • they have cheapier HRM walmart has one on sale for 38.97
  • danimack
    danimack Posts: 18 Member
    I've been wondering the same thing. For now I"ve just been using the calories that MFP has listed under general dancing
  • Yes, I've been doing it and 1 cal to 10 sweat points works out just about right for me. HRM are good, but I think it's most important to just focus on getting moving :)
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    I was just going to ask this! I don't have the funds for a HRM yet (maybe for my birthday, lol), and have been doing JD3 for a little over a week, doing the Just Sweat option. Most days I do 2000 points or more. I have been putting it under general dancing as well. Looks like I'll keep doing that.
  • Vee_licious
    Vee_licious Posts: 3 Member
    I do the ” sweat explosion” 3000 sweat point a day challenge. according to the game 3000 sweat points is an equivalent of swimming for 30 minutes. Everyone burns calories differently, so what I would burn swimming 30 minutes would be different from any one else. For example based on my weight, age and height my calculated calories burned for 30 minutes of swimming leisurely is 464 calories. So if 3000 sweat points= 30 minutes of swimming then 3000 sweat points= 464 calories burned. Now if I want to find out how many calories per sweat points I burn then I would divide: 3000 spts/464 cal= 6.5spts per 1cal. you can use an hrm for more accurate calculation or you can use an activity calculator that calculated your calories burned per activity depending on your specific factors. Aside from all the math calculations, just dance 3 is a really fun way to burn calories. I've lost 6 lbs sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet and doing the just dance challenge. :)
  • emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    I would say dividing by 10 is probably pretty accurate. I use a HRM when I do Just Dance 2 and dividing 3000 by 10 sounds pretty accurate for what I burn when I play the game.
  • pdworkman
    I don't have a HRM, but I have a FitBit, and my estimated calories burned on the FitBit is always very close to 10% of the sweat points.
  • BittLynne
    BittLynne Posts: 38 Member
    Its 10 SP for 1 cal if your underweight if your overweight it works out to 4.1 sw for 1 cal People who are overweight burn calories a lot faster then people underweight
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Hard to tell...depends on how much you moved, whole body wise. Not just your arms!!

Get a heart rate monitor.
  • pdworkman
    Underweight. LOL. Thanks for the compliment!
    Its 10 SP for 1 cal if your underweight if your overweight it works out to 4.1 sw for 1 cal People who are overweight burn calories a lot faster then people underweight
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 953 Member
    Here is the comparison for my weight

Just Dance 3 (sweat) w/ HRM 60 min= 280 burned

MFP General Dance 60 min= 363 burned
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    I bought just dance 3 for kinect and its awesome and is a fun and easy way to lose weight....
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Here is the comparison for my weight

Just Dance 3 (sweat) w/ HRM 60 min= 280 burned

MFP General Dance 60 min= 363 burned
    i have found that this site gives you a lot more calories burned than the machines at the gym do
  • I started the sweat challenge about three weeks ago and lost about 13lbs already
  • dgeist24
    dgeist24 Posts: 1
    Technically it's people who are heavier burn more calories than people who are lighter. Someone 6'3 weighing 180 is not overweight, but will still burn more calories (in general) than someone 5'3" weighing 160 who is overweight. Just thought I'd point that out :).