5 ft and under before and after photos

Options
Hi i am 5ft and would to see before and after pics of people who have lost weight from this height photos always keep me motivated :)

Replies

• garn1232
    Options
    you look great
  • Caitlyl
    Options
    You look amazing! What all did you do to get to where you are? Total inspiration :)
  • ttck4eva
    Options
    Wow please share your story of how you got to the 100lb and how long it took - you look fab!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i sure would love to know what you did too.....
  • nsaetern
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I am normally between 115-118 lbs if I don't count calories and do light exercise (run a few miles a few times a week).. this is where my body wants to be naturally, which is not bad...

But in August of 2011, I went on a 3 week vacation with my boyfriend and ended up at 127 because we were eating out every meal and not exercising at all. 10lbs gained is not terrible, but on someone like me with a petite frame, it makes a big difference.

So when I came back from vacation, I joined the gym. I dropped about 5 lbs the first 3 weeks, but I didn't like that it took me 3 weeks to gain 10 and the same amount to only lose 5. So I got serious. This is what I go by, and still do now:

1. 1200 calorie diet (joined MFP)
    2. hit the gym about 6 days a week. 4 days spent on cardio; at least 1 hour on the treadmill or elliptical and 2 days on strength training. (I do 2 days cardio, 1 day strength, 1 day rest, then repeat)
    3. I cut my carb intake from about 60% to 30%
    4. Eat only lean protein.
    5. I eat 3 meals a day (~300 cal each -- lean cuisine prepared frozen meals really helps here) and snacked on fruits and veggies for the remaining calories allowed.
    6. I cut off my eating at 8pm!
    7. I do reward myself with snickers (my favorite candy bar), but only in the fun size. =)

I followed this a much as I can, I wasn't terribly strict on myself, but once the pounds started coming off, I kept sticking to it more consistently and at the same time it also became much more manageable.

Once I made it to 115 lbs and saw the weight coming off decently, I continued my routine. I run a lot of 5k and 10Ks, with a half-marathon here and there. Weighing less has improved my pace greatly, so it was also a motivation factor for me to keep losing the weight. I made 100 lbs right before Christmas, so it took me about 4 months to lose 27 lbs.

I am very content at this weight, all I have to do now is maintain it. =)

I hope this will help some of you. And please let me know if it does help, I'd love to hear your success stories too!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    This is more like before and DURING, as I still have a little ways to go... but maybe it'll still help... I'm 4'11"

170to122front.jpg

170to122side.jpg
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I am 5'1 and feeling like this is quite a journey to get to 100lbs. A year ago and several months ago I was 100lbs and it is taking me 8 months and more to reach my goal. I exercise and eat healthy but I go over calories 2 times a week! I will certainly stay focus. You look fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    WoW! You look great! I am almost 3'shorter than I was when I was younger, and before some spine and knee surgeries, so I know losing a few inches in height and gaining even 1 or 2 pounds shows. Keep up the good work!
  • pinkwizz
    pinkwizz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Little Guys & Girls,

Im only 5'0 and have just started my MFP journey, have cuts cals down to 1200 (struggling to get them all most days) and getting to the gym at least five times a week! have taken a before photo so hopefully it wont be too long before I can post my after too!

Good Luck guys x x
  • sblack91
    Options
    Hey! so I am 5'1" and was hoping for some advice..
    I am 20 years old and weigh 115lbs, trying to lose between 10 -15 lbs in the next four months. I do cardio (hiking) 4-5 times per week and I also do some strength training during the week. I am keeping within 1200 cals per day, and eat back my exercise calories, but I am only losing about 0.8lbs per week.
    Is this normal? Or are you finding it easier to lose weight faster? Do you eat back your exercise cals?

I heard that its hard to lose weight the lighter you are, but not sure if that's a myth! I want to go at a steady pace, but also want to speed up the process a bit if possible!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
  • rw4hawks
    rw4hawks Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I am normally between 115-118 lbs if I don't count calories and do light exercise (run a few miles a few times a week).. this is where my body wants to be naturally, which is not bad...

But in August of 2011, I went on a 3 week vacation with my boyfriend and ended up at 127 because we were eating out every meal and not exercising at all. 10lbs gained is not terrible, but on someone like me with a petite frame, it makes a big difference.

So when I came back from vacation, I joined the gym. I dropped about 5 lbs the first 3 weeks, but I didn't like that it took me 3 weeks to gain 10 and the same amount to only lose 5. So I got serious. This is what I go by, and still do now:

1. 1200 calorie diet (joined MFP)
    2. hit the gym about 6 days a week. 4 days spent on cardio; at least 1 hour on the treadmill or elliptical and 2 days on strength training. (I do 2 days cardio, 1 day strength, 1 day rest, then repeat)
    3. I cut my carb intake from about 60% to 30%
    4. Eat only lean protein.
    5. I eat 3 meals a day (~300 cal each -- lean cuisine prepared frozen meals really helps here) and snacked on fruits and veggies for the remaining calories allowed.
    6. I cut off my eating at 8pm!
    7. I do reward myself with snickers (my favorite candy bar), but only in the fun size. =)

I followed this a much as I can, I wasn't terribly strict on myself, but once the pounds started coming off, I kept sticking to it more consistently and at the same time it also became much more manageable.

Once I made it to 115 lbs and saw the weight coming off decently, I continued my routine. I run a lot of 5k and 10Ks, with a half-marathon here and there. Weighing less has improved my pace greatly, so it was also a motivation factor for me to keep losing the weight. I made 100 lbs right before Christmas, so it took me about 4 months to lose 27 lbs.

I am very content at this weight, all I have to do now is maintain it. =)

I hope this will help some of you. And please let me know if it does help, I'd love to hear your success stories too!

LIKE this routine. And CONGRATS on the success!
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 20 years old and weigh 115lbs, trying to lose between 10 -15 lbs in the next four months. I do cardio (hiking) 4-5 times per week and I also do some strength training during the week. I am keeping within 1200 cals per day, and eat back my exercise calories, but I am only losing about 0.8lbs per week.
    Is this normal? Or are you finding it easier to lose weight faster? Do you eat back your exercise cals?

I heard that its hard to lose weight the lighter you are, but not sure if that's a myth! I want to go at a steady pace, but also want to speed up the process a bit if possible!

I'm also 5'-1" and 24yrs old, currently weigh 125lbs, trying to lose another 10-15lbs. When you only have 10-15lbs to lose, it tends to be slower, and 0.8lb per week or less is normal. I try to eat between 1200 calories and maintainance (1600), and I eat back some of my exercise calories (but not all...I don't trust MFP's estimates). It's taken me ~3 months to lose ~7lbs, but I'm already looking a lot better. It's slow going, but try to stay positive and focus on the overall downward trend and the positive changes to your figure, not just the number on the scale. :smile: And don't be afraid to step up the strength training!
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    my journey has taken me over a year so far.... ive lost no weight in 3 months but have toned up and gained a fair bit of muscle :)

before - 175 pounds me175.jpg

after - 127 pounds me127.jpg
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Bump. Ps you all look fantastic, i actually had to look twice on the last pic, thought i was looking at myself lol . well done! :flowerforyou:
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    All of you look AMAZING! Congratulations on your loss!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    very inspirational! im 5'3 and 123 right now hoping to get to 110 before summer.
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    nsaetern-I'm just curious but can you please tell me how many calories it takes for you to maintain 100 lbs? When I was losing I settled in at 110-115 for my maintainence at 5 ft tall, but would love to be lower, but the thought of having to eat less to maintain a weight any lower kept me from actually wanting to lose more lol.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

I'm also 5'-1" and 24yrs old, currently weigh 125lbs, trying to lose another 10-15lbs. When you only have 10-15lbs to lose, it tends to be slower, and 0.8lb per week or less is normal. I try to eat between 1200 calories and maintenance (1600), and I eat back some of my exercise calories (but not all...I don't trust MFP's estimates). It's taken me ~3 months to lose ~7lbs, but I'm already looking a lot better. It's slow going, but try to stay positive and focus on the overall downward trend and the positive changes to your figure, not just the number on the scale. :smile: And don't be afraid to step up the strength training!

your story sounds like mine, i'm 5.2 though and started at 140 and now is stuck at 133. i want to get between 125-130. i seem to loose no more then 0.5 a week max. 2-2.5 a month, it's so SLOW! i eat no less then 1200 ever and try to stay around 1300-1400 max. 1500 is maintenance for me. I always eat back my exercise calories i use a hrm) especially on the days where i don't eat as much as i don't want to go below 1200. it has also taken me 3 months to loose 7lbs and i've been stuck at 133 for 3 weeks now. i have 38 days to loose another 5bs, hopefully i can do it!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options

You are doing fabulous. I am losing anything between .4 or .2, .8 and sometimes nothing, Scale is not freaking moving. There are two days my intake is 1600! I am doing same thing you are doing in terms of exercise and calorie consumption!
  • sblack91
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice!

You are doing fabulous. I am losing anything between .4 or .2, .8 and sometimes nothing, Scale is not freaking moving. There are two days my intake is 1600! I am doing same thing you are doing in terms of exercise and calorie consumption!

I completely understand your frustration! I've only weighed in twice so I'm just hoping that I won't slow down even more (but we will see on Monday!) I was just a bit shocked at first what with some people saying they're losing 2, 3,4 lbs per week. Do you find that you are noticing changes in your shape even if you're not losing weight? Becoming more toned etc?
    I had a look at your pics are you are looking really great even if you are losing slowly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!