a little taste here and there....

Options
obviously it can add up.

but do you guys ever do it, to prevent yourself from binging on what you want down the road?

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I wish I could. But for me, one bite is all it takes for me to go on a major binge.
  • thesuperchunk
    Options
    Absolutely. I've seen it said (in an article that I really liked and seemed to nail a lot of stuff) that you should eat 20% of your meals as junk food. That doesn't mean going over your calorie count, just treating yourself (whatever that means to you).

For me, that works. I'm not interested in feeling "deprived", it's all positive for me so if I want a chocolate bar or something I have it. If I eat in such a way that it's not a positive because of the guilt...that's no good either.

I love food and for me a positive, healthy lifestyle includes all sorts of things, including deep fried mars bars. Just not every day :)
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    i do allow myself to have some things not considered "diet foods"... i know that if i don't have something sweet, i'll binge one day and eat an entire cake.
    i figure everything into my diary- 1 serving of chocolate chips(about 25 of them) is 70 calories.