Beats by Dre or Bose?

Options
I'm feed up with my earbuds and I wanna upgrade. Any of you have the Beats By Dre or Bose (noise cancelling) headphones?

Replies

• JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My husband has the Beats by Dre ear buds (the LeBron brand) and he loves them.. But when he uses his arm band for the IPhone where you would connect the ear bud to the phone bends a lot and causes the wires to short out...Since we bought them from Best Buy we bought the black tie protection with them; thank goodness b/c we had to replace them 3 or 4 times... Other than that of you don't use the arm band to hold your phone I think it'll do better....
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    We also have the Beats By Dre Beat Box.. Love it !!! Our house is 2 stories and when you're up stairs you can still hear the music super clear....
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Bose for in the ear headphones and it isnt even close... Beats over the ear headphones are awesome but not for in the ear
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Bose.

I love them and worth the cash paid.

I mean how are you going to compare Bose to DrDre crap?
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Totally need some new Earbuds/Headphones...
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    Bose.....hands down! :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bose, no question.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    We did a test run at Best Buy, and I was impressed with Dre...but...that admiration was quickly dismissed when I put on the Bose NC. Shame on me for thinking anyone could improve on perfection.
  • JakeMallory
    Options
    I like my beets oven roasted.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Get the kind of ear buds that have the rubber cups that sit in your ears.
    Sony makes some that are fantastic.
    The fancy headphones they sell now are WAY too expensive.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've got the beats over ear professional earphones. They are freaking awesome. Sound is amazing! They are the most expensive ones, but incredible. Soooo many hours of fun and pleasure! X
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have the Bose OE2 (non-noise cancelling on-ear) headphones that I use at work. They are really great. very comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and I get great sound out of them. My co-worker right next me has the big noise cancelling ones. They are really nice as well, but I cant wear them for too long, b/c the around ear design bugs me.

Don't have any experience with the Beats by Dre headphones.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bose hands down!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    NEITHER, but if you must Bose

Both brands are overpriced but Beats are probably the biggest con going! You can get much better headphones from Sony, Senheiser, AKG and the like for similar price or half the price!

PS If you're buying high end headphones make sure you get a headphone amp & a DAC otherwise you won't get the most out of them!

I've had BOSE OE's, they were alright but way to bass heavy and the mids and highs sounded muddy but were insanely comfortable... the dre beats (top end) have impressive bass in term of boominess but the bass response it's self is pathetic and the less said about the muddy highs and mids the better! Also Dr Dre beats are NOT professional headphones, anyone that works in a studio will tell you this, because they're SO UNBALANCED that anyone using them to mix will come out with a mix which understates the high end and bass because it exaggerates the bass soo much and doesn't reveal any detail.

Headphones I've owned and recommend highly are

Senheiser HD595 (opened back so leak a lot of sound but they sound amazing!)
    BOSE OE (Again, I don't love BOSE but these headphones are insanely comfortable and were light years ahead of the beats)
    AKG K702 BEST HEADPHONES I'VE EVER OWNED, everything sounds so natural and the soundstage is incredible with sounds seemingly coming from all around, drums and female vocals sound particually amazing! Though poorly mixed and compressed music (pop music, mainstream hip hop, kerrang/MTV punk or metal) will sound TERRIBLE!
    Etymotic ER-4P (In ear headphones, very natural sound like the AKG K702 but have AMAZING sound insolation, was on the plane and couldn't hear the thing during take off! As a result you keep volume down low and protect your ears and you hear NOTHING but your music, can get a tad uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

If you want noise cancelling headphones the get the ER-4Ps nothing will beat them at blocking out sound (not to mention its natural so it doesn't need batteries or reduce sound quality like the Bose or Beats) NOTHING! Seriously you cant hear anything & it works both ways if you have them at full volume people will hear NOTHING
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Bose.

I love them and worth the cash paid.

I mean how are you going to compare Bose to DrDre crap?

The reviews say otherwise...............the reviews say the Dre beats are way better than the Bose.

I thoroughly researched several brands before my husband made a purchase for this amount of money for us.

We listened to both brands in Best Buy today also and the Dre beats were the best, hands down.

He bought both of us a pair of the bluetooth Dre Beats, so no more cords and we paired them with our smartphones.
  • mitch356356
    Options
    SMS audio FTW
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Bose. I use the IE2 ear buds. It comes with 3 different sized ear buds that you can interchange. They look weird but the way they are shaped makes it so they don't fall out easily.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've had the Beats by dre Powerbeats...the ones for "athletes"...and while they DO sound great, if the mic gets wet in any way be prepared for them to randomly fast forward songs, stop songs, turn the volume up...it's a freakin pain! Considering they are supposed to be for people who work out (and get sweaty) they totally dropped the ball on this one. I had to "fix" them by putting a band aid (literally) on the mic to keep my sweat from shorting them out mid workout. Go with the Bose.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Neither, they're both over-priced and don't last long.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I really need headphone advice. I got given the PowerBeats in-ear buds as a gift. Either I am not doing something right or they are just crap. Basically, they seem to need to seal perfectly in your ear or you have zero bass whatsoever. What I find is that while running (they are designed for fitness, mind you) they simply lose that seal and the sound quality is just garbage. I have tried the largest and the smallest cup sizes and its just a never ending battle to keep one or both seated in-ear just perfectly while jogging.

I seem to remember the same problem with a set of Shure EC5s I tried back in the day. No perfect seal = sounded like junk.

I am to the point now where I just want to suck it up and go for over-ear or on-ear headphones.

Advice?