I'm not loosing weight

Options
I finally lost couple of pounds but now I'm stuck at 126 and not moving. I exercise at least 4 times a week and eat pretty healthy, but on a scales i'm not loosing weight. What should I do?

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Same thing I did tonight......Take a hammer to your scale!! You'll feel better, I sure do
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Don't fret the numbers! Do you feel good? Do you fit in your clothes better? These are important too! You don't have much to go, weight loss is a lot slower the closer you get to where your body wants you to be. Don't get frustrated yet. Just keep up the great work!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    maybe more exercise, or change the call goal. How much are you eating, 1200, etc?. Maybe try 1 lb a week or half a lb. could be you arent eating enough. If you haven't b4, now would be a great time to eat exercise calories
  • 1989Angela
    Options
    I have been eating between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. I eat couple fruits a day and it always shows up that I'm over my sugar level even though I ate an apple and not slice of cake. I think I am getting a little toner but I still don't notice much difference. I am wide hipped and I was thinking that my bones do weigh quit a bit. I also keep on looking online to measure my BMI and nothing seems reasonable. You can't just estimate body fat based on age and weight..
  • ruthvbailey
    ruthvbailey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am also in the same situation. I eat approx 1200 calories a day. I exercise 5 days a week. I also walk about 15 minutes to get to my office each way which is quite hilly and I walk from one end of the building to the other and back to do my photocopying at least twice a day some days more. The walk takes me approx 10 minutes each way.
    I still am losing hardly anything and this has been going on for approximately 3 weeks. I will take my measurements again before my weight in this weekend but my clothes do not feel any different on me. Any suggestions?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Ditch the scale.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You could always be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may actually start gaining some weight if you're eating less and exercising more.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You could always be gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may actually start gaining some weight if you're eating less and exercising more.

You won't build muscle usually on a calorie deficit. Also, muscle and fat weigh the same.

Try eating more. Changing up your calorie intake and exercises you do. You may not be eating enough. Make sure you are measuring foods and tracking everything.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ummmm yes you can build muscle if you're exercising.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have been eating between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. I eat couple fruits a day and it always shows up that I'm over my sugar level even though I ate an apple and not slice of cake. I think I am getting a little toner but I still don't notice much difference. I am wide hipped and I was thinking that my bones do weigh quit a bit. I also keep on looking online to measure my BMI and nothing seems reasonable. You can't just estimate body fat based on age and weight..

Apples are high in sugar. So are peas, corn, carrots, etc..doesn't mean that you can't eat them, but just be aware what you are putting into your mouth.

If you are working out a lot, eating a rather low amount of calories and consuming lots of sugar/ carbs, that could be your reason for not seeing movement on the scale.

How much protein are you eating?
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your calories.
  • mallory3411
    Options
    Ummmm yes you can build muscle if you're exercising.

You can exercise all you want but you won't gain any significant amount of muscle on a calorie deficit. Muscles need calories to grow and build and they need protein. A calorie deficit will get you weight loss to a certain degree but not muscle gain.
  • DawnStott
    Options
    THANK your for the comment "muscle and fat weigh the same" --- UGH my pet peeve when I hear that :explode: . A lb of fat and a lb of muscle is still a POUND! Now if you want to talk about volume ok that is different -- so thank you! :happy: :happy:
  • 1989Angela
    Options
    About 60g a day..
  • jkburns29
    Options
    Maybe the numbers on the scale aren't changing, but maybe your inches or fat to muscle ratio is. I have the bowflex scale and it (using light electric waves that you don't feel) measures fat and water weight percentages. So I also go by those numbers. If my overall weight numbers aren't changing, my fat percentage does (sometimes). :tongue:
  • mallory3411
    Options
    THANK your for the comment "muscle and fat weigh the same" --- UGH my pet peeve when I hear that :explode: . A lb of fat and a lb of muscle is still a POUND! Now if you want to talk about volume ok that is different -- so thank you! :happy: :happy:

I agree! lol! It frustrates me when people say that!
  • deethinner
    deethinner Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on the not losing weight . Since day after Christmas I have been working out faithfully. I use the treadmill for min of 60 mins , do crunches on my ball and have a weighted hula hoop. I work out for 3 days then one day off then back to 3. I watch what I eat. I had lost 5 lbs. but then gained them back. So I am at a dilemma too.