Today's NSV!

Options
FlyByJuly
FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
I love those little (or big) non-scale victories! So unexpected, yet surprisingly uplifting!

I had one today.

For about the past 3 years, when I buckled my seat belt, I'd have to fit the lap belt either over my belly-jelly roll, or under it. Today, as I was driving home from work, I suddenly realized that the lap belt now lays right across my belly! It doesn't try to slide up over my belly, or down under it. It stays put!! And comfortably, I might add! I noticed it at about 12 miles into my 18-mile commute. Believe me...I was smiling for the remaining 4 miles to home!!

I had an NSV last week, as well. It crept right up on me. I was getting ready for work, and put on my work watch. Then when I lifted my arm to brush my hair, the face of my watch rolled to the inside of my wrist. I was like 'wth?' Lol! So I had to tighten up my watch band by one notch. Woo hoo!

Have you had an NSV today? Let's hear about it!!!

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! Good for you!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Heatherjg0419
    Heatherjg0419 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love those NSVs! congratulations.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. My little sister joined here today. Hopefully rhats coz I've inspired her. Think that's a little nsv! X
  • gkcimino
    gkcimino Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today I put on a blouse and jacket that I haven't felt comfortable wearing in over a year and they fit so nicely I couldn't believe it-then at work one of my coworkers told me my pants are getting to baggy. I live for these NSV and look forward to many more :smile:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. My little sister joined here today. Hopefully rhats coz I've inspired her. Think that's a little nsv! X

Definitely! Cheers to you & your sister! :flowerforyou:
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Last Friday I wore my wedding ring for the first time in (6 to 8) years. It's been so long I don't know how long it has been.
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah Haw! Those are great ones! Thanks for sharing!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV! :D Congratulations.

Mine today was that I went shopping and ended up buying a dress for Valentine's Day that I feel great in. I just posted some pics in Success Stories:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/485151-nsv-my-valentine-s-day-dress
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Way to go D! It's those little things we suddenly notice that really lift us up!

I did my walk when I got home and decided to do some strength training. I didn't even have the weight in my hand yet and I saw something at the top of my shoulder in my reflection in the mirror. It was this little muscle! Just popped up for a second but there it was! Nice and cut and there! On my arm! I was thrilled! :love:
  • FlyByJuly
    Options

Yes! That's def an NSV!!! I think she's gonna love it here!
  • FlyByJuly
    Options
    Today I put on a blouse and jacket that I haven't felt comfortable wearing in over a year and they fit so nicely I couldn't believe it-then at work one of my coworkers told me my pants are getting to baggy. I live for these NSV and look forward to many more :smile:

Yay for baggie pants!!! And loose underwear!!!
  • FlyByJuly
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV! :D Congratulations.

Mine today was that I went shopping and ended up buying a dress for Valentine's Day that I feel great in. I just posted some pics in Success Stories:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/485151-nsv-my-valentine-s-day-dress

Wow, girl!!! Va-va-voom!!! That's a gorgeous dress, and check out those curves of yours!! You look smokin' hot! Oh, and I LOVE those heels!! Thanks for sharing the link!!! Everybody else...ya gotta check it out!
  • FlyByJuly
    Options
    Last Friday I wore my wedding ring for the first time in (6 to 8) years. It's been so long I don't know how long it has been.

That is a GREAT nsv!!! And just in time for Valentine's Day!! Good for you!
  • FlyByJuly
    Options
    Way to go D! It's those little things we suddenly notice that really lift us up!

I did my walk when I got home and decided to do some strength training. I didn't even have the weight in my hand yet and I saw something at the top of my shoulder in my reflection in the mirror. It was this little muscle! Just popped up for a second but there it was! Nice and cut and there! On my arm! I was thrilled! :love:

Lol! That little muscle was playing "peek-a-boo" with you! Its way of giving you a preview of what's to come! :wink: Great nsv!!!
  • johnb99
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I had a small one today myself, I am down to the last notch on my belt, almost time for a new belt, and pants hopefully!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today is that I ran a 5k in 31 minutes, as my warm up!
  • azarazar
    Options
    My NSV for today is that I ran a 5k in 31 minutes, as my warm up!

Congrats! I got mine down to 34 minutes tonight. Then my NSV was that I was able to go get on the stationary bike for 20 minutes. Would not have dreamed of doing that one month ago.
  • azarazar
    Options
    Good start to a Friday morning. Pulled slacks from the closet that I have not been able to wear for awhile. They fit just fine.

Bonus - found a set of keys that had been missing for a few months, obviously the last time I fit into those slacks.