NSV! 4 miles

Options
2»

Replies

• LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a picture with a quote, but I can't figure it out. Great NSV! I love running because every time you run a little further you feel like a winner. Some of my favorite quotes are:

"It doesn't matter how slow you run. You're still lapping everyone on the couch."
    and
    "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    HAHA, i am slow. It took 45 minutes...but it is much better than the 2.2 miles i started at in January.
    [/quote]

Congratulations on your NSV! That's awesome.

PS 4 miles in 45 minutes is not that slow...just think of it as lapping everyone who's still sitting on the couch :drinker:
  • garn1232
    Options
    ****WARNING****

Four miles will turn into a 10K. A 10K will turn into a half marathon. A half marathon will tempt you into a full marathon.

Soon you will have an uncontrollable addiction.

It's true. Running is addictive. You heard it from me first.

Congrats! It's an accomplishment no one can take from you.

we need a like button!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    ****WARNING****

Four miles will turn into a 10K. A 10K will turn into a half marathon. A half marathon will tempt you into a full marathon.

In my case, a half marathon just turned into two more half marathons coming up...but I love this.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!! You should be proud!
  • garn1232
    Options

In my case, a half marathon just turned into two more half marathons coming up...but I love this.

I am signed up for a tri in July....GULP!!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Haha!! This poster is doing half marathons in every state. ME!! Fat and 50. To date I've crossed finish lines in 36 different states. If all goes as planned, I'll have 47 by the end of 2012.

Yep. It's addictive. One mile at time. Some have been slow. Some have been really slow. But I have 36 medals hanging from 36 wine bottles (I get a bottle made in each state) to pass along to my children when I die.

Why you ask? Pffft ... Because I can. That's why. :smile:
  • garn1232
    Options
    Haha!! This poster is doing half marathons in every state. ME!! Fat and 50. To date I've crossed finish lines in 36 different states. If all goes as planned, I'll have 47 by the end of 2012.

Yep. It's addictive. One mile at time. Some have been slow. Some have been really slow. But I have 36 medals hanging from 36 wine bottles (I get a bottle made in each state) to pass along to my children when I die.

Why you ask? Pffft ... Because I can. That's why. :smile:

WOW!!!!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I know how tough it is as I am trying to get stronger with running myself! Keep at it! I am slow, but I am getting there. I ran about 95% of 6.60 miles today!!

I'm so confused. Why say you ran 95% of 6.60 miles? Isn't that just the same as saying you ran 6 and a quarter (or 6.25) miles? What am I missing?
  • bimbaz
    bimbaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I started running Jan.2011 and ran my first 5K in July 2011. It felt like such an accomplishment.............keep on trucking. I wish I was out there running too :ohwell: Knee injury right now.............hoping to get back out there soon!!
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ****WARNING****

^^^not lying. I did my first 5k in late '10 and I'm doing my 2nd half marathon on Sunday.....it is addictive....even if you are a turtle like me!!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    HAHA, i am slow. It took 45 minutes...but it is much better than the 2.2 miles i started at in January.

Wow!! You are totally not slow! I walked 70 minutes today and only got 3.3 miles. :blushing:
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I know how tough it is as I am trying to get stronger with running myself! Keep at it! I am slow, but I am getting there. I ran about 95% of 6.60 miles today!!

I'm so confused. Why say you ran 95% of 6.60 miles? Isn't that just the same as saying you ran 6 and a quarter (or 6.25) miles? What am I missing?

Went the distance of 6.6 miles...ran 95% and probably walked 5% of the time.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! lol.. Great job!! I expect 10 miles tomorrow!! LOL...jk
  • simone_84
    simone_84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job! Funny thing is, I was just getting ready to post the same NSV! I don't know about you, but my legs feel a bit mushy.
  • garn1232
    Options
    Great job! Funny thing is, I was just getting ready to post the same NSV! I don't know about you, but my legs feel a bit mushy.

Nice work Simone!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!