Easing sore muscles

Options
What do you do to ease sore and tired muscles? My thighs have taken a beating over the last week between Boot Camp and PT sessions and I really do not want to take any time off from working out. I've tried stretching and soaking in a scalding hot bath along with liberally using Icy Hot. None of this has made much of a difference.
I alternate between Strength and Cardio, but it seems like every routine my PT has me do has a lot of lower body (burns the most calories) in it, then of course for Cardio I'm either walking or cycling.

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Motrin
  • brookeg20
    Options
    When you workout, it creates tiny tears in the muscles. This is normal, but you have to take a rest day to let them heal. If you're that sore, take a day off. It will actually be better for your workouts in the long run. Without time to heal, you run a higher risk of injury that could force you to take WEEKS off.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    I use epsom or bath salts in my warm baths and it has helped some. I just go a foam roller to use but I haven't had really sore muscles since receiving it. Need to pick my pace back up some.
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hot bath and a good night's sleep- other than that, I know it sounds silly but I sort of enjoy having sore muscles, because it tells me I'm working as hard as I think I am :)