50 lbs to lose

Options
I know slow and steady wins the race, but what is a realistic amount of time to lose 50lbs? I started Jan 19th, and lost 10 so far, I know it's not always going to be good weeks like I've had...I just get discouraged pretty easily...but I have been sticking to my diet and exercise.

Replies

• Kare_Bear2000
    Options
    My doctor told me 1-2 pounds a week was the healthiest way to go. By that logic, it would be 6 months to year for 50 lbs.
  • feeneyek
    Options
    Way to go! 10 pounds is awesome! Just keep it up and don't get discouraged by the pace. Be inspired by what you have achieved so far. It's true, 1-2 pounds a week is good weight loss if you have 50 pounds to lose. If you increase your exercise the wieght will come off faster as you build muscle. But don't be in a hurry to up your exercise if your body is not ready. Listen to your body but challenge yourself each day to do more.

15102786.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Way to go! 10 pounds is awesome! Just keep it up and don't get discouraged by the pace. Be inspired by what you have achieved so far. It's true, 1-2 pounds a week is good weight loss if you have 50 pounds to lose. If you increase your exercise the wieght will come off faster as you build muscle. But don't be in a hurry to up your exercise if your body is not ready. Listen to your body but challenge yourself each day to do more.

15102786.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks! I do cardio everyday for 40-50 mins and weight training 4-5 days a week. I'm a total pear shape, most of the weight I carry in my hips/thighs and butt.
  • feeneyek
    Options
    Wow...if you keep that level of exercise up the weight is going to come flying off!! I completely empathize with baby-weight. I gained 50 pounds with my first baby and 30 with my second. The things we do for our kiddos!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Yep...60 lbs with my son, that was 13 years ago...never really lost it, then 8 years later my daughter came along and I gained 35 with her....but I wouldn't trade them in for anything, even though they made me fat......totally kidding. :laugh: