Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New - Suffered through the 'Freshman Fifteen'

Hey everyone, just started My Fitness Pal and was hoping to meet some people for inspiration and motivation.
I'm a flight student in Canada and I happened to have my flight test and exams in the same week in December 2011, and gained quite a bit from stress and not having time to make healthy meals. Hoping to get fit and toned again to build back the confidence I used to embody. Hoping to look great in a bikini this June 2012 while in Mexico with my boyfriend!!

Xoxo
Delilah

Replies

• Haha I did that too which inspired me to lose all of the weight!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • I can sympathize with the freshmen fifteen. I gained the freshmen thirty when I started college. :/ I've since lost all of that weight, but I wasn't healthy from the start, so now I'm trying to shed off what I started with Freshmen year!

You can definitely lose fifteen pounds in four months. Shoot for about a pound a week and start making time for yourself at the gym. :] That's the best way to do it! Also, carrots are your best friend. :D
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Welcome! :) I was able to avoid the Fr. 15 and LOST 15! Feel free to add me if you'd like! <3
  • Wow everyone is so nice and friendly! Thanks for the advice!! I'm currently on my first week of TurboFire!!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Turbo Fire is awesome! You are going to have so much fun with it! I love all things Chalene. I did CX last summer and had great results. Now I am lifting weights 3 days a week (have a home gym in my basement) and doing Turbo Fire for my cardio. I can already tell a difference in how high I can jump since I have been building up my leg muscles. Keep us posted on what your think of Turbo Fire and best of luck to you on your journey!

Tracy:heart:
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    I gained in my first year also! Through my 2nd semester though I ended up getting pregnant and that's where most of it came from, but my first semester I gained about 15-20 lbs before becoming pregnant! I'm doing online college now so that is helping me with the weight lol

Feel free to add me :)