Trying to lose the last 15 pounds!

Options
Hi all,

I've been searching for others with some fitness knowledge to bounce things off of and finally found you guys! :wink:

I have been trying to lose these last 15 pounds for several years now actually, and I'm ready to get it done! I just don't know what to do to change things to make it happen.

First off, I eat very healthy. I plan my menu the day before and try to stick to around 1250-1400 cal daily, with lots of fiber, veggies, whole grains, little to NO processed foods etc., and I exercise on the treadmill at 3.5-3.8 mph and 3-10 incline 6 days a week. I also try to add some weight lifting (5 lb. arms) when I can (maybe 1-2 times a week), and ab strengthening 10 min. sessions. We just got a new cardio tape set called Turbo Jam and tried the first one today - definitely going to keep that up...

ANY ideas or suggestions? I know I emotionally eat sometimes and I love food, but I can't imagine that I'm sabotaging myself that much... :ohwell:

I'd love ANY suggestions or tips. I'm SO sick of carrying around this extra flab! I want a flat belly and a thin, healthy body that I can be comfortable in. I'm tired of constantly covering up and being self-conscious of how I look...

Thanks so much in advance!

Tiffany

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have come to the right place. This website is amazing and there are so many helpful people here.
    In regards to your emotional eatting...this is what was killing me for the longest time. I am not sure how often you eat when you are emotional but for me it was alot and those calories add up quickly. Dove Promises about 50 calories a piece, a chips ahoy cookie 60 calories, keebler fudge cookie 90 calories. At that rate I could have had a huge bowl of vegetables for about 60 calories and been stuffed full.
    My suggestion would be to count every calorie that you put in your mouth. Drink plenty of water every single day..this one can be hard but crystal light does it for me!
    Your exercise regimen seems great!! Be sure to mix a variety of defferent exercises in throughout the week and you should be good.

Good Luck!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey, we have a group of people doing Turbo Jam. I just started this week also. I hope you'll come and join us: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/56848-turbo-jammers-6-15-6-21?page=2.
  • awinmac
    awinmac Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi there!

Has anyone mentioned that you may not be eating enough calories?? You are doing a lot of exercise and you may need a few more calories to stop your body from holding on to that little bit extra if it's in starvation mode. I believe a fitness counsellor or fitness nutritionist may be able to shed some light on this topic. I only know what I have read here but I am sure someone with more knowledge on this subject can enlighten you further. ( Anyone out there up on this topic?)

It's just a thought, but perhaps it might help?
    All the best!
    Cheers
    -Amber
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The last 15....I just bought this book a week ago....I am really enjoying the tips and help...you may as well :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Last-15-Weight-Loss-Breakthrough-Joey-Shulman/9780470840757-item.html?s_campaign=goo-NF-Heal-Last_15_The&s_kwcid=the last 15|3023610452&gclid=CKXn7-2CmJsCFRPxDAodKQqdqA
  • cbuchinski
    cbuchinski Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been struggling with the last 10 pounds for a while also.....I found this other site.....( I love MFP by the way, it is wonderful!!!) but any extra help is good. I just started doing what they suggested for my age, weight etc.....250 -318 calorie meals 5x a day....3 hrs apart. and switching to morning excersie....and also changing it up a bit.....increase intesity, and shorten work out time etc.....anyway since starting it I have lost 2.5 lbs and feel great, not hungry at all. I actually find it hard to eat the 250 - 318 calorie meals cause I feel so full.

So here it is, give it a look, and see what you think, its seems to be working for me so far.......Good luck!!!!!!

http://www.nowloss.com/weight-loss-plan-to-lose-your-last-10-pounds.htm
  • one4Him
    one4Him Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for writing and all the suggestions. I'm encouraged just by knowing I'm not going through this alone. It's just hard on me knowing that I've been setting this goal weight of 138 for a long time now and my weight has hardly budged... I feel like I'm tredding water never getting anywhere!

Thanks for letting me get my frustrations out and for understanding!

God bless ya'll!

Tiffany

cbuchinski, I'm checking out that link you suggested. Thanks alot!

Van, I'm checking out the link you posted as I type this. Thank you too!

awinmac, I have been told that maybe I don't eat enough calories... it's just when I do go out on a limb and eat more, I gain - seemingly ALOT in only a day! I'm researching that though, as I'm training to become a CFT (fitness trainer) and I need to know these things for my future clients! It's almost as if I am the guinea pig... :ohwell:

ghanie, thanks for the invite. I did check out the posts and ya'll are so advanced compared to me in the knowledge of the tapes! I've only completed the Learn&Burn workout and as I said MAN! Am I sore!!! :laugh:

Jacqueline, that bowl full of veggies don't quite cut it like the cookies and stuff though do they? :tongue: I know what you mean, though as I LOVE to get my veggies in and I LOVE fruit... I try to constantly eat healthy - maybe it's the portions.... I also drink TONS of water! Can't STAND soda or pop anymore! Thanks for all your suggestions and for the welcome!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Try googling Tom Venuto. He wrote a book about weight loss and is a body builder. You'll have to flip through a lot of pages, but there's a lot of easy to follow info.