Quit smoking and drinking in 2011, time to lose 40 pounds

Options
I quit smoking and drinking in 2011. Now my next challenge is to lose 40 pounds of excess weight. Looking forward to the adventure. Would like to build a support network. I'm a retired veteran who has PTSD. Thanks.

Replies

• val1978_2000
    Options
    I quit smoking and drinking Dec 23 2011 looking to loose 75 pounds
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    Me too, 25/10/11. Was on 40 a day but just decided to quit, trust me it really is easy if you are commited to it. Also at the time was 18st 11lb, now 17st 6lb
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    If you have the will to quit smoking and drinking, I know you can lose the weight. I find that retired veterans have a special kind of fortitude. I also want to thank you for your service.
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being smoke free!!!! Me-1yr in October 2011! You can do this! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    That's wonderful! How did do you guys quit smoking? :o
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking November 2011, I never quit drinking but I have an average of one drink a month, not really going to do any harm to me. Lol. I had about 60lb to lose but I now have just below 40lb to lose.

I always accept friend requests.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking Jan 2011, started my weight loss journey in August 2011. Down 38lbs with another 70 ish to go.
    I used the electronic Cigarette and just decreased the nicotine. Started a new job that didn't allow any tobacco use at all on property and I didn't want to be THAT person.
    Was AWESOME.
  • jaguar101570
    Options
    I quit smoking 9/8/11 after 14 years and lost 70 lbs in 2011. If I can do it you can do it. Veterans typically are very disciplined, I believe you can do it!!!!
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    Will power and loving my kids
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
  • kokaneesailor
    Options
    That's wonderful! How did do you guys quit smoking? :o
    I tried just about everything, patches, gums, pills, hypnosis,high intensity smoking, cold turkey. A friend recommended Allen Carr's book called the" easy way to quit smoking". I bought the book, read it and quit...it was that easy! One year anniversary is 3 weeks away! Man I am so glad I'm done with that monkey.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Two year sobriety date coming up in May, ten months smoke-free :) Recovered and happy.
    Nice t'meet ya!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kokaneesailor
    Options
    I quit smoking Jan 2011, started my weight loss journey in August 2011. Down 38lbs with another 70 ish to go.
    I used the electronic Cigarette and just decreased the nicotine. Started a new job that didn't allow any tobacco use at all on property and I didn't want to be THAT person.
    Was AWESOME.

Thats great that it worked for you. I loved cigerettes so much I used to smoke when I was eating, and none of those fancy store bought smokes either, hand rolled so I could get more tobacco in them, and of course no filters. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.:happy:
  • kokaneesailor
    Options
    *waves*

Two year sobriety date coming up in May, ten months smoke-free :) Recovered and happy.
    Nice t'meet ya!

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good for you! Feels great to wake up in the morning, no more cottonmouth, or coughing up a lung.:blushing:
  • kokaneesailor
    Options
    Congratulations on being smoke free!!!! Me-1yr in October 2011! You can do this! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good for you, and I'll take you up on that.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You only coughed up ONE lung? LOL I had to put that stuff back in with a long-handled spoon.

If coughing was the worst I did in the morning then it was a great morning! :laugh:
  • Rscrappy
    Options
    Great Job !!!!!! I have been smoke free for 39 days. MY motto for the year is "A HEALTHIER ME IN 2012 " Feel free
    add me as a friend. Just started the Healthier eating a week ago, Feel better already.