Looking for advice!

Options
I just started doing MFP on Jan. 30, 2012, so about a week and a half. I have not gone over my calories and have been working out pretty much everyday, doing a 20 minutes on the treadmill, some stationary bike, and some strength training. I have weighed on the same scale since I started, and it shows that I have lost 9 pounds since I started. I know that this is going to take some time, but was just wondering and a little frustrated because I'm not really seeing results. I just I just need advice and some movtivation on knowing this is going to work and I will see results!! Please give me your input, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Am I seeing / reading this right ????? 9 lbs lost in 9 days ???? Hmmmmmm .... You need to do some research ! That is off the charts ... healthy weightloss is 1 to 2 lbs per week. :huh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    9lbs in a week and a half? What on earth were you expecting?
  • lanerichardson
    Options
    i agree id check into that. i know that the first few weeks are rough and results are hard to see at first. but stick in there and you'll start to notice
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. 9# since 1/30/12?! Something's wrong here. Were you working out & watching your diet before you joined MFP? Is that where the frustration comes in?
  • rjbalcer
    Options
    WOW!! You are doing great!! 9 pounds since Jan. 30th???? Well, I started Jan.4 and have only lost 4 pounds..my workouts are Spinning, BodyPump, Running,Walking and the Elliptical. Slow but steady wins the race! Keep up the good work and take pride in all that you have accomplished.
  • hessoftexas
    hessoftexas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was fluid. I've known many people to loose a lot the first couple of weeks. Keep going though, and meet your calorie requirements. All the best!
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    water weight could be a possibility here too....
  • kimberly_ross
    Options
    I know that 9 pounds in 9 days does seem crazy, but like I said I have weighed on the same scale from the beginning. Maybe next week I will weigh on a different one and see what it says.
    Before I started MFP, I wasn't really dieting and wasn't working out.
    I guess my frustration comes from the scale showing one thing but my body not showing anything. Make sense?
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow! 9 pounds in a week and a half? You're disappointed in that? I think those results are great. Usually you will lose about 5 or 6 pounds the first week. A lot of that is water weight. After that a pound or two a week is the norm. Its not healthy to lose faster than that. Stick with it. You're doing great and developing good habits.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If your ticker is correct, you have a fair bit of weight to lose. It will take some time before you see results. Be patient with yourself, and really, that is a lot of weight in a short time, but it is probably mostly water.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. You may not see any visible changes for the first few weeks. Open your diary so we can advise you further. A common rookie mistake is to undereat. This is usually unsustainable and can set you up for problems down the line. It's best to hit your calorie target as close as you can rather than try to stay well below it. Usually we advise within 50-100 over or under.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds pretty normal to me.

I lost 3kg in my first week alone. I've heard that the first week is always the biggest loss.

The numbers WILL go down though to a healthy weight loss of 1kg a week if you're consistent with it.
  • kimberly_ross
    Options
    It's not that I'm disappointed in the 9lbs, I think I'm disappointed in not seeing some kind of results. I love all the advice that you all have giving me.