Needs Help

Options
Hi,
So, I've made my diary public, so hopefully someone can help me. I don't eat fried food, I don't drink soda, wine, or liquor. I'm doing at least 50 minutes- hour of strength training everyday and running (sprinting or long distance) everyday. I"m training for a half marathon and half been training since the beginning of Jan. I also figured this would be a great time to get back into shape. I weigh anywhere between 132-135 during any time of the day and am 5'6. I have a small upper body but then turn into a pear at my lower stomach, hips, butt, and thighs. When it does come to my eating my 2 downfalls are sweets and snacking. I'm CONSTANTLY hungry throughout the day.

I'm pretty consistent about logging my calories (i love the app on the phone where you can take a picture of the UPC code). In my diary I always make sure I eat up to at least 1,200 net calories and to count my workout I use a Go Fit Wear Body bug.
I do allow an excess of 100-210 calories to not be used up at the end of the day to count for the error in counting

My problem is, yes I know not to use the scale. My clothes are a little loser, but just still not seeing great results. I have more muscle in my arms and legs (mostly due to running and doing lower body strength training) but I have 2 questions.

1. Does drinking protein bars and drinks keep you from leaning down? I don't do the shakes (ew) but I have the occasion bar and slim fast protein shake for post workouts meals (up to 30 minutes after I finish working out to give my body back the lost nutrients)

2. What can I do to make the results better with my eating. I eat quite a bit of vegetables ( I sometimes forget to add them to my diary) and fruits. But I feel like people are like "yeah I eat healthy and am SHREDDING fat". I'm like What more can I do?! I eat whole wheat (100% I check the labels) I eat servings sizes, I don't drink any form of coke. I RARELY go through a drive through ( only gone twice in 4 months) . I"m just frustrated that I'm working out 5-6 days a week and I'm not really seeing results. I"m mixing things up..i'm doing tons of cardio (training for the half) ...I just don't know what I'm missing.

So...would love a response...thanks!

Replies

• OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Just a quick observation ... Where's the veggies ,,,, add them ! ?????? What about H2O ?????

Those two factors play a HUGE role in a healthy diet ! Also way too much bread / carbs .... cut back on all the bread.

Need to change some things up ... check out my diary for some ideas ... You've got the mindset ... just need better choices. :)
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    cut back on carbs some. you're over 200 g every day. other than that, nothing. be patient. doesn't look like you've been at it that long. Keep going you'll get there.
  • musicforever04
    musicforever04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, all I drink is water ...all day... every day.. and same with veggies, I just don't add them in the diary as much as I need to.. but I eat them..thanks :)
  • musicforever04
    musicforever04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yeah i've been training/being healthy since January, Just haven't been motivated to post since the beginning of the month. Question, about the carbs? I'm in range of what MFP suggests? is that not right or if I cut it down to 200 would see improvement?
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    What a lot of people don't realize is there are " carbs " in just about everything ! The truth is calories are NOT just calories ... sure the numbers add up the same ... but the benefits certainly don't ! Get more nutrition from your carbs by eating more veggies ... Here is a useful tool that will not only shed light on carbs but also give you an idea of what veggies are higher vs lower.

http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-many-carbs-are-in-vegetables.html

And this is great info as well ....

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/carbohydrates-full-story/

I hope this helps ! Also I am happy to know that you drink a lot of water ... just remember the more you log, in detail ... will help you determine where you need to concentrate. When we log everything ... we see our patterns and can quickly adjust any troubled areas.

Have a great Friday ! :smile:
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yeah i've been training/being healthy since January, Just haven't been motivated to post since the beginning of the month. Question, about the carbs? I'm in range of what MFP suggests? is that not right or if I cut it down to 200 would see improvement?

carbs give you energy but 200g a day is high if you're trying to lose weight. 100 is good. 150 max. Spread them out. And eat good carbs- veggies not grain. Eat proteins, fiber more than carbs.
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    I think that your weight is ideal for your height. And you should maintain.

good luck
    Julie