Any healthy french toast recipes??

Options
please!

Replies

• scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i made some the other day i used 35 calorie bread only egg whites and 1% milk i have to use sugur free syrup i sprinklked cinamon on them while they were cooking did not miss the butter i usedd spray canola oil. they were yummy my daughter used regular syrup it wasnt to bad.
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    they were 150 calories
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I made some banana french toast a while back that tastes kinda like banana bread, it was yummy!

Just mix an egg, a bit of low fat milk with banana and some vanilla in the blender or with stick mixer and dip the bread in it, was really good
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I made some using Ezekiel bread, egg whites, almond milk, and cooking spray. For my syrup I use sugar-free Maple Grove Farms
  • gem_angel
    Options
    light bread (i use sara lee 45 calorie honey wheat), for 2-3 pieces mix: 1/3 cup egg beaters, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 packet of splenda (if you want it a little sweet). use nonstick spray for cooking.

once done cooking, you can use a light butter like brummel and brown buttery spread (1/2 tsp per piece) and dunk it in some warmed up sugar free pancake syrup. low cal and super yummy!
  • tara200
    tara200 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mander1621
    Options
    bump
  • j3467h
    Options
    You might try your french toast with a sprouted bread like Ezekiel, you will find this in the frozen foods section of your grocery store. Sprouted breads offer many benefits over your typical bread; for starters it is a complete protein source. I actually use the Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread which is a nice change from typical french toast. Usually 2 slices with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, then add your favorite topping, for me this is sugar free maple syrup.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I haven't had french toast in ages. I might have to make me some soon
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm on my phone so I can't post links but check out dashingdish.com and skinnykitchen.com they have some great French toast recipes