• RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    It would be $1250 a month and on nice days i could walk to work
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

I'd do it. As long as its just one person, I think that's fine. if you tried to cram two people in there... absolutely not. lol
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If you're young, single and busy then it should be ok, I've lived in worse
  • ansata
    ansata Posts: 52
    Options

Thank you Lord I live in Kentucky. That is nearly double my house payment of a four bedroom 2 bath home! WOW....Course I have to drive a bit to get to work. But the country life is so for me! I know my neighbors and they know me. My dogs run free in the fenced back yard! I thought a long time ago I wanted to move to a big city. Well...you can take the girl out of the country and she will come a running back to it!
    My only suggestion is to perhaps look into some of the smaller apartment living. I saw some guy living in a large closet! He has a bunk for a bed and really made a home for such a small space! I will look for the link to it.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I'd do it. As long as its just one person, I think that's fine. if you tried to cram two people in there... absolutely not. lol

i agree. i pay a tad more than that to live in a spacious place in brooklyn, but i schlepp an hour to the UWS every day for work. the commute ain't pretty. find places in the neighborhood you enjoy spending time so you won't feel stuck in your apt, and keep an eye out for small space living design ideas. and good luck!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My first apartment was 325 square feet. It was small, but plenty for one. I had a full size bed, minikitchen, and full bath. It's doable for one if you are tidy and can plan your space out well.
  • abetterliv
    abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    since reading this thread I've watched about 10 videos on tiny apartments and tiny houses. This one is definitely the coolest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Wow. We pay $720 a month for 800 square feet. And that includes cable and internet. :ohwell:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Not in the same neighbourhood though I'm guessing.

Some of those small apartments are really decked out nicely, I have to say (somewhat smugly) that I'm looking forward to moving into my new ~1200 square foot house soon :bigsmile:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are selling our 1200 sq ft house for one of these: http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/fencl/

280 sq ft is definitely a viable option, I'd say.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    As long a your are mentally prepared for it you can live anywhere, I have just moved out of a 2 bed house share that had 5 sometimes 6 adults in it. I went crazy at the start. Now i live in a 3 level 5 bedroom town house with 2 others.. bliss!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, but I don't think I'm taking the apartment. The broker just dropped a 15% fee on me, plus AC units aren't allowed in the apartment...silly, but definitely needed on a hot summer day!

Back to the beginning on this apartment search : /