I miss being full

Options
Sunday marks the end of week 3 for my lifestyle change. I was told to aim for 1900 calories a day, so I eat 300 calories every three hours. Some times my snacks are less and my meals are a bit more. I feel satisfied after I eat, and as long as I stick to my schedule I am never too hungry. I just miss the feeling of eating several slices of pizza and feel like if I eat any more I will feel sick. I didn't really eat until I felt sick, just really full. Being satisfied is not the same :grumble:

Replies

• PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I understand that. For me I miss being able to enjoy lots of chocolate.

I would suggest making sure you are drinking enough water. It makes you feel more full.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Really? I have been eating really healthy "clean" foods lately but tonight i ate something that would not qualify as "clean" eating and i did not feel good afterwards. You could literally hear my stomach trying to digest the food and i had a bloated feeling and a slight stomach ache. I could really feel the difference from what i have been eating.

I didn't realize how good i have been feeling since eating more natural foods until tonight.
  • LibLiu82
    Options
    I know right! lol If you keep with it though your stomach will actually shrink and then less food will give you that feeling. I am just over a month in and now I eat a bowl of grape nuts (half a cup cereal with half a cup milk) and I feel nicely full. Add a banana on the top and I can barely finish it. And you're right, there is just something nice about that feeling rather than the old 'just eat until you don't feel hungry anymore' jazz.
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    It is definitely a lifestyle change. The problem is (and yes, I do know where you are coming from) Gorging yourself till you hit that "I'm ready to pop" feeling is NOT healthy. That's the problem with society today and what is causing our obesity epidemic. Too many people eating the wrong way. My parents have also done this-both obese (father was morbidly obese)-he ended up getting GB and Thank God, can no longer do that to himself or he'll puke, and my mother is working out and calorie counting.

The key to staying full longer is to make sure you are getting in your 8 glasses of water a day, filling up on your recommended daily protein (that keeps you feeling full) and food with fiber because it will expand in your stomach also making you feel full.

Remember: Eat to live, and don't live to eat.

Good luck in your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    IF. I eat 2 meals a day so I feel full. Love it!

leangains.com
  • Achiever7
    Achiever7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...I always used to like to feel full before bed, which of course is the worst for you, but I swear I could fall to sleep easier. One thing that has helped sometimes...there is a cereal that is puffed brown rice, like really puffy. I forget what it's called. Like the old sugar smacks without the sugar. There is usually a generic store brand that comes in a bag, for about $1.50. Anyhow, it is filled with lots of air and has barely any calories, plus it's whole grain. You can have a pretty big bowl of this with skim milk, or even light chocolate soy milk for added flavor, and it fills you up pretty good for not too many calories. I had success with this in diets past. I might have to head to the store for some myself this weekend.
  • tanmustlose
    Options
    me tooo!!!!
  • LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    I hear you. Off the wagon. Not counting. It's fun. It's whatever you want to do.

But for me, that isn't working. I need to count so that I'm held accountable. If I want to eat a pizza, so be it. But plan for it and work it off and drink your water and eat light the rest of the day. It's not about no. It's about how much and how often.

I'm working my butt off trying too so these words are for me to live by as much as the advice I give.

Laura
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 square meals and I feel nice and full most of the time.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I can relate - especially with that nice full feeling after 1 slice too many of pizza. I buy by the slice now just to treat myself.

But you are right. I have been at it for three weeks, usually come close to my calorie goal but I never feel full during the day and I usually go to bed feeling hungry. I think I am going to have to save a couple hundred calories for some type of snack a little before I go to bed.