Okay so it sounds like I should invest in a HRM. What to buy? What to buy? :P

Replies

• jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have Polar FT60
  • goodmonster
    Options
    Yeah join the club here...I have no clue what I should get- I suppose just start reading reviews and getting information from everybody here. Let me know if you hear of any good ones!
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    I asked before I bought mine and everyone recommended a polar HRM. I have the Polar FT4!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with my Polar FT4. It does everything I need it to and more! It also doesn't hurt that I got it on sale for under $70 :D
  • tkay72
    tkay72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I just purchased,the polar ft4. Love it. It is compatable with thevmachines at the,gym. Cloth chest strap. Not nylon and user friendly.w
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    FT4 :)
  • Michelle333
    Michelle333 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bought my FT4 a couple of weeks ago, and so glad I did.
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F11. I love it and it's simple to use. It was less than $200.
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    By all means, I'm no expert. I just bought a Polar FT4 last week after quite a bit of research. I found it does a little more than I actually need it to and was a little bummed I can't download my stats to the 'puter without another accessory that costs almost as much as the HRM. However, I am still in love with it and have decided I'm not sure if I need to download everything since I record it here :-)

I previously had a Mio watch, but you had to almost stop all activity to get a reading and it was not very accurate. The buttons started sticking after about a year and then it was impossible to get a reading.

Whatever you do, read up. Sites like Amazon are great for user reviews. I also found a few detailed consumer reviews. Polar out-shown all except the highest end Timex Iron Man (that was about 3x what I paid for the FT4).
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    FT4. Got it a few weeks ago n its awesome!
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar FT4 on Amazon for $66 and free shipping!! It will be here in a few days!
  • scweegie
    Options
    I have a Polar, unsure of the model. It is great for counting calories burned. I also just purchased a Garmin HRM becuase of the GPS. Thembest HRM will have a chest strap. The ones without the chest strap are not accurate
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar, unsure of the model. It is great for counting calories burned. I also just purchased a Garmin HRM becuase of the GPS. Thembest HRM will have a chest strap. The ones without the chest strap are not accurate

I bought a sports bra that my HRM can clip into and then I don't need to wear the chest strap.
  • yvonnecooper
    yvonnecooper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have used the F11 for years and LOVE it, but received the FT7 for Xmas and can't wait to get it set up! My daughter uses the FT7 and loves it as well. Get a POLAR product. You will love it.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options

I bought a sports bra that my HRM can clip into and then I don't need to wear the chest strap.

Oooh that sounds cool!
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i have a Polar FT4... and found out today after wearing it to Zumba that MFP was severely underestimating my cal burn!! im wearing this thing everytime i go now!!
  • SewManyBlessing47
    SewManyBlessing47 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 too. Love it !!!:smile:
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar FT4 too! I should be getting it next week.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I think the FT 60 is more accurate bc it uses your own VO2. Where the others don't.
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    I went online and did a little research and then went over to Walmart and purchased the Timex for $50. If you are trying to save a few bucks it's the way to go. It does everything the high priced monitors do and is compatible at the gym. :happy: